• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help please Save/ Merchant/ Problem. ++

Odieman

Powder Monkey
EDIT: All problems fixed.

I tried a search on this one with no success, however please post a link for redirection if there already is a topic.
I have 2 major issues.

I have been playing the game Alot the last couple of days, great mod :bow , however now all of a sudden I am

1. EDIT: Sort of fixed just cant click the "save icon", however I am able to save by clicking the portrait, so no problem

2. I accepted a trade mission, ie transport 21 something wheat to a merchant on martinique from havana. The game crashed 2 times when I try to repair all my ships, altough it turns out it was only the music that lagged so it was actually self inflicted. Anyway after repairing my ships, and hitting 2 storms on my way to Martinique, I realized that the quest is gone and yes it was there when I accepted, however I still have the wheat, and I should have lots of time left if its still a month like it used to be, and all the wheat is still there (yes I counted, and I even tried to buy some more to double check). And it isnt just this merchant its everyone else as well, so I cant deliver my whares and I cant get a new mission. So is there something I can do to fix this? Other than loading a really old save loosing lots of things Ive done? :modding

So how do I fix the merchant problem? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and awarded with 3 huzzas, a cheers mate and a mug o rum.

Also have a couple of other issues which isnt major.
3. in my quest If I press a quest I get the quest that is 1 place above the quest I am clicking, which means I have 1 more question mark beside my quests that I should have.

4. This has always been a bug whenI have played these mods, but the figures on the various ship speed, dmg, sail dmg, crew etc when I use my spy glass is shifting randomly, is there anyway to fix this. I used to like this when I was chasing and beeing chased by ships in the original game, and it kind of sucks that this doesnt work.

Anyway any help on any of the issues especially the top 2 would be of great help. And is there a place here on these forums with a list of all the sidequests and where to get em?

Thanks.

1. What was problem #1?

2. Have you tried delivering the wares or don't you remember where they should be sent to?
The disappearance of the questbook entry might have to do with #3, but I'm not sure.

3. Which modpack version are you playing and, if a Build 14 Alpha version, which storyline?

4. The changing values is intentional inaccuracy in the numbers.
There is a BuildSettings.h toggle for it (#define KBSPG - Build 13 Final)
or can be turned off in Options>Advanced Options (Build 14 Alpha).

1. What was problem #1?

2. Have you tried delivering the wares or don't you remember where they should be sent to?
The disappearance of the questbook entry might have to do with #3, but I'm not sure.

3. Which modpack version are you playing and, if a Build 14 Alpha version, which storyline?

4. The changing values is intentional inaccuracy in the numbers.
There is a BuildSettings.h toggle for it (#define KBSPG - Build 13 Final)
or can be turned off in Options>Advanced Options (Build 14 Alpha).

1. Problem one is solved and working ok now, 1 was that I was unable to save except quicksave, but it went away after a few game restarts.

2. I tried to deliver the wares, but couldntm however I later found out that repairing several ships can take several weeks so since I did this after accepting the trade mission, I suspect my time limit must have run out. But i loaded an older save so no problem, had to play for about an hour though :p.

3. The 14.9.5 version with patch 2

4. This helps alot, Thanks :D

Huzzah, huzzzah huzzah, cheers mate :cheers . :cheeky

In that case, which storyline were you playing?
I know the Assassin quest is missing some questbook text files in Alpha 9.5 Patch 2.
These will be added in the next patch, of course.

Back