• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help needed

Hi

I want to find the most recent mod for Sea Dogs: city of Abandoned Ships and I am overwhelmed with different GoF versions and alike.

What is the most recent mod and is there any difference if the game I have is the Sea Dogs Steam version or original Age of Pirates tittle version (propably only the name has been changed)?

Where I would find install help for dummies?

Thanks

Hi,

GoF 1.2 is the best/most stable version of GoF, first you download and install the full release and then you apply the patch as well.

It doesn't matter what game title version of the game you have. In case you need help installing the mod, you can just ask in the forum

Hi,

GoF 1.2 is the best/most stable version of GoF, first you download and install the full release and then you apply the patch as well.

It doesn't matter what game title version of the game you have. In case you need help installing the mod, you can just ask in the forum
Thanks. It seems to work.

I appreciate the hard work put into the mod my only problem with this mod is that I do not like the character models. I would have liked to play as Ian Stance with that name as in the vanilla game. Yes, we have a privateer storyline for another character and they used his character model for another character. I would have liked to have more English characters who did not look like hobos, that are not connected to pirates of the Caribbean characters in their story.

Is there a way to change the character model in game later as I know the Potc new horizons game had "taylor" (i had it a decade ago I think) where you could change the character? I presume not.

Also I do not understand why I cannot change the lighting settings anymore, and the game runs in a small window now. The too high contrast make this character model look quite odd and unnatural with super dark black and striking turquoise.

1644648111861.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the character model in game later as I know the Potc new horizons game had "taylor" (i had it a decade ago I think) where you could change the character? I presume not.
I don't think this is available, though I could be wrong as I have only briefly tried GOF so far.

Also I do not understand why I cannot change the lighting settings anymore, and the game runs in a small window now. The too high contrast make this character model look quite odd and unnatural with super dark black and striking turquoise.

1644648111861.jpeg
It sounds like the game is running in windowed mode. You can change this from "Config.exe" and/or "engine.ini".
But you won't be able to use "ALT-TAB" in full-screen mode.

I don't think this is available, though I could be wrong as I have only briefly tried GOF so far.
Played it (and exploited the pirate settlements) quite a bit. You can't change it after you have started a game, or at least from what I know.

Back