• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Nations, Flags & Stealth

CaptainKraut

Landlubber
Hey there again sea dogs!

In course of a quest given to me by a governor I experienced that I would finally need some higher rank in stealth because I have to get get into a hostile town without being picked up. Now, how do I effectively increase that skill? Do I always have to encounter ships flying the same flag as I do (notice, I know how to change flags and I unlocked all) or would it e.g. also work if I fly the fag of a different nation which is neither mine nor the hostile's?

Say I am joining a fight between Spanish and English whlie flying under English flag, I will tout de suite be uncovered as Spanish and my ship wears the Spanish flag again. Still the Spanish ships will attack me even though I am allied to them. If I would fly a Dutch flag when engaging in this fight, would I be able to increase my stealth level that way, too? Since Dutch are neutral to Spain and hostile to England, I could avoid that the Spanish attack me. How and when exactly does stealth increase?

Thanks thus far.

It increases basicaly when you FAIL.

The better way to increase the skill is going near to an enemy fort in world map (near but outside cannon range, you need to calculate it from world map), rising the fort flag, entering sea and sailing to it till you are discovered.

At this point you sail back till you can enter world map, switch to world map, change flag again and repeat.

Other way is approaching enemy fleets waving their flag, but you can't do it without fighting them after being discovered.

Note: you can't have a reward on your head with the involved country.

- o -

As for entering towns with low stealth:

1) You can enter by land and "talk" with any of your fighters or any citizen every time a soldier approaches. Save a lot. Very stressing.

2) Check you have not a bounty in your head, buy a trade license, rise a friendly flag and moor in a beach (not in the port). Go to the town by land. Expensive (licences are costly) but 100% safe.

HTH.
buho (A).

This sounds good but I have a completely different problem. I'm advanced in the game (char level) and have not yet chosen the spanish flag from my "ship abilities". Now I can't do a mission because of it. I need to enter Santiago to do some spy work for the dutch but without flying their flag I'm doomed. Tried entering town through the jungle and the guards catch me every time. Even when I have a trading lic with the spanish. I've put another 25 hrs into char hoping for just 1 more "ship ability" so I can pick the spanish flag but I'm afraid I've past all my perks up? Any help with this one? Any ideas will help....

Did you try sneaking in after midnight? The only time you can get past the guards is at night if you are approching by land. Another good trick I use is if guards are coming I will start talking to one of my officers and the guards will ignore you as long as you are talking. I save a lot until i get to the tavern. Then I stay over night and sneak to the building I need to get to the next day. You can talk to other people now during the daytime besides your officers to avoid the guards and wait for them to pass by. This always works for me. I don't see this as cheating because you're trying to blend in when you talk to your officers or locals. Youre acting casual...right? don't mind me...no one here but us chickens...:wp

ended up sneaking in. took forever to do it without getting attacked! finished that quest and the rest of the dutch line so now i can take cities for myself :)

Back