• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Items in captains cabin lost after CoAS quest

mk0

Powder Monkey
After finishing the CoAS quest I just noticed, that all the items, I put into the captains cabin of my main ship, which I stored at the port control, are lost. I could live with the loss of all the rare items and treasures but this also includes the Jade Skull I need for the enchanted town quest.

I am soooo pissed off right now, cuz I have to do the entire CoAS quest again, which itself was a lot of pain.

Is there any possibility to recover the items somehow? I really do not want to do the CoAS quest again. :(

Also, after reequipping my letter of marque, while still being in CoAS, I noticed, that I am still a pirate after I got outta there and I cannot reequip it to fix this.

[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.
[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.

... my nerves... omg :modding

It's one of the side effects of the CoAS quest, you lose your items. I think there is a workaround for this but I don't remember it but chances are it won't apply to you if you don't have a save prior to starting the CoAS quest.

In that case, your only remedy might be to cheat to get the skull back.

It's one of the side effects of the CoAS quest, you lose your items. I think there is a workaround for this but I don't remember it but chances are it won't apply to you if you don't have a save prior to starting the CoAS quest.

In that case, your only remedy might be to cheat to get the skull back.

Thank you for the reply. :)

Since I know, that important quests can fail in this game by just making wrong decisions or because of timeouts one may not even get a hint about ingame, I make special savegames and store them into a backup folder. So yes, I've got a backup.

By talking to Chad in CoAS the first time, it also affects items, I have stored in my cabin and not just the ones in my inventory? Got it. The items got moved to the new ship I bought to sail to CoAS, which I will loose. Of course I will loose the items too. :facepalm So I definitely should give the items to my officers or store them at the store owner, I guess.

What about the letter of marque? I have to wait a month to end the english quest-line and thought, that is a good time to do the CoAS quest, but if the letter gets bugged in CoAS, does it break the nation quest-line?

You can't store items in a moored ship. All items are transfered to your flagship every time you swap ships.

Use your officers as holders or the storing service of GOF 1.1.2.

No idea about the letter of marquee.

Cheers.
buho (A).

The chest on the Diffindur can hold any item/s you wish to keep B4 you speak with Chad (reqires swimming a bit).
I always store my goodies with the officers I wish to keep as capts. on stored ships. If you only care about the Skull, hacking may be your best bet, since the Velasko and the San Gabriel are tough to redo, if you are not in the mood. Hope this helps.

The chest on the Diffindur can hold any item/s you wish to keep B4 you speak with Chad (reqires swimming a bit).
I always store my goodies with the officers I wish to keep as capts. on stored ships. If you only care about the Skull, hacking may be your best bet, since the Velasko and the San Gabriel are tough to redo, if you are not in the mood. Hope this helps.

I am more annoyed by all the item selling and swapping and the storm at the end, which caused my head to implode, explode and then implode again. :shock

Please note I lost a few millions I had stored in the Fernando Diffindur's Chest. Items are safe in there, money is not.

Back