• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Help with the parlayed ship Quest?

craiggbrown

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hey, does anyone know how to get the parlayed ship back by getting a boat to her without opening fire on her when you are in a English port and she is English? The tavern guy tells me to take a boat to the harbor but How do you do that? I tried asking the smuggler but he said no.

If I understand your question correctly, I think what you have to do is go to your ship, hit enter and "sail to" the ship in the harbor, from there you can launch a boat to that ship and go talk to the captain.

Or, have you already tried that?

If I understand your question correctly, I think what you have to do is go to your ship, hit enter and "sail to" the ship in the harbor, from there you can launch a boat to that ship and go talk to the captain.

Ya I tried that and all he told me to do is get off his boat. The tavern keeper tells me to take a boat to his ship in the harbor and that is all the info I get.
dunno.gif

Ya I tried that and all he told me to do is get off his boat. The tavern keeper tells me to take a boat to his ship in the harbor and that is all the info I get.
dunno.gif

Yeah, I replied without paying attention to who it was asking....

Anyways, maybe there is a longboat at the port you can click on and use? Haven't gotten this quest yet so I am just guessing.

I think I made some similar quest.

Sutil as I'm, I opened fire on the ship, killed all the crew and boarded her. The fort made nothing. I think that if you have an allied flag the fort is not going to fire at you.

The frogs never open fire on the dutchs when they come cannon-shoting my digital arse stern.

Cheers.
buho (A).

The quest is the one you get when you ask the port controller (port admiral) if he needs any help or has work and he explains that someone stole a ship from the harbor.

If I shoot at the stolen ship, which has English flags, the fort, which is English, will fire at me, I am English, right off the bat. Even if I what until the ship goes out to sea, as soon as I fire on her in order to board her my reputation goes to hostile.
dunno.gif

Craiggo, please, check "English quest broken in Curaçao?" in the Bug Tracker.

Cheers.
buho (A).

OK, buho. By the way, your advice worked. I flew the jolly roger and took the ship without any damage to my rep with the English.

Got some problems with this kinda quest too. Maybe It's a bit off the topic but here goes. I took 2 quests of finding the stolen ships and kidnapped bride. So i travelled a lot but no sight of those 2 ships. Then suddenly when i made port in Port Royal, i saw an unsual guy (like the officers in the tavern) so i talked to him. Turns out that's the guy with the ship i've been looking for. What's weird is he was on the island not setting sail away for other one, even though the local port controller gave me the information that the captain set sail away 'bout 20 days b4 my arrival (weird isn't it?). Then i went back to the world map, sailed around for a while, 'bout 1 week, and voila, the bastard turned up right out of Port Royal (WTF?). Still, i boarded the ship and returned the quest.

Second quest happend just like the first one when i was looking a for guy with the kidnapped bride who i couldn't find anywhere else, then he turned up in port au prince (on land). Talked to him, got declined just like the last guy did. So i tried the same way that worked out for the first time but this time it didn't work. I waited in world map around the port for like 2 weeks, lots of encouters happended but no sight of him. The quest is yet to be completed and i guess this is some kinda random bug. I always used head to the port controllers or random citizens in every port to get these kinda quests as they give a big boost of repuation towards a nation including big booty too. But now thanks to this one, I started a new game and will never take these kinda jobs again.

PS: one little thing is that in both cases, after talking to the indicated captain, i tried going to sea mode and looked around in the port but no sight of their ships either.

It is not a bug but a cheap implementation.

The guy is there, but the ship is not. And he can sail out or he can appears a month later in some other port without sailing out (at least in a visible way).

Usually I accept the quests but I don't not care much about where the guy is, I ask the Port Controllers now and then, but basically I wait for the ships to appear. They will pop, sooner or later (usally later), and you can have the quest open for ever.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back