• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Grow up!

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I like to hire other captains as officers. Now normally, it's easy as pie with a little savescumming, but lately, all the captains say when I ask if they want to be my officer or join my fleet is, "With you? Grow up, first!" My fleet isn't full, nor is my officer pool, so what's up with that?

sounds like it has to do with your level,but can't say for sure as i don't have the game and just came back to the forums.maybe try to raise your leadership higher or something? :shrug

sounds like it has to do with your level,but can't say for sure as i don't have the game and just came back to the forums.maybe try to raise your leadership higher or something? :shrug

Level 100 (cheated to test a bug) and maxed out leadership and all P.I.R.A.T.E.S. stats.

They don't like people with flagships bigger than their owns.

Flagship. I'll say it again: flagship. :wp

Cheers.
buho (A).

I like to hire other captains as officers. Now normally, it's easy as pie with a little savescumming, but lately, all the captains say when I ask if they want to be my officer or join my fleet is, "With you? Grow up, first!" My fleet isn't full, nor is my officer pool, so what's up with that?

Just save game before you ask to hire a captain and if he/she reject,then load and try again until he/she agree! :onya

They don't like people with flagships bigger than their owns.

Flagship. I'll say it again: flagship. :wp

Cheers.
buho (A).

You may be right, buho. But I know that they don't like it if your ship is too SMALL. One of the guys sailed a heavy man-o-war and he reacted like this: When I had a black pearl as my flagship and asked him to join me, he answered "I think, I'm not interested" or "grow up first" and there was no way to make him join me, even with savescumming. He wouldn't either join me with a constitution as my flagship. But he joined me (savescumming again) when I took my shark (same class as linear ship, 84 guns) as my flagship.

Your ship being bigger is one of the reasons. Other posible reason is your relation with the NPC, and relations actually have a sizable random roll added.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back