• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Fixin the Line Frigate

Darthtuvok

Powder Monkey
So after playing COAS GOF 1.1 for a while i encountered that beautiful line frigate in the game and I just fell in love with it... it looks exactly like one of those frigates from Empire Total War!
The only problem with this beauty is that it has no sailors on deck or i dunno how you call this problem but i would like to see it fixed and if needed by myself.

I am quite a shoreloafer at maya and coding at all but if i don't learn it now it might be to late later on.

So first to start i would like to know if someone is woring at that problem at all or if I will be on my own.
Also i would like to know what version of Maya i should use, since i heard that anything later than Maya 5 is incompatible with the storm coding [wrong/right] ? (maybe i will create my very own Total War vessel for this game)
Maybe something similar to those ships:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlgdtRBVPQ

Further on I'd like to know what else should i be using to have all the tools on fixing it... I might need of course some time before getting fully into this business, but i am starting very motivated and with a heap of creativity so that has to make a start :D

I hope someone can answer those questions

Craiggo will probably fix it when he gets around to it.

The way I quickly fix them if they are missing, is find a ship that is similar in size and deck dimensions and then just use it's sailorpoints file, or change it slightly, then rename it. Several of those in there now are ones I did that to. The Batavia and Sirius are two like that and still need some work as the sailors lower legs are walking through the deck rather than on top of it.

So if you want to take a crack at it yourself, go to Resource/MODELS/Ships/SAILORPOINTS and look in the files. There is probably one missing for linefrigate. So find another that is from a ship really close to that one and make a copy. Rename the copy after you've done whatever you need and then put it in the folder and voila, sailors on deck for your Line Frigate. Make sure you name the file exactly the same as the texture file for that ship.

Have Fun!

MK

Craiggo will probably fix it when he gets around to it.

The way I quickly fix them if they are missing, is find a ship that is similar in size and deck dimensions and then just use it's sailorpoints file, or change it slightly, then rename it. Several of those in there now are ones I did that to. The Batavia and Sirius are two like that and still need some work as the sailors lower legs are walking through the deck rather than on top of it.

So if you want to take a crack at it yourself, go to Resource/MODELS/Ships/SAILORPOINTS and look in the files. There is probably one missing for linefrigate. So find another that is from a ship really close to that one and make a copy. Rename the copy after you've done whatever you need and then put it in the folder and voila, sailors on deck for your Line Frigate. Make sure you name the file exactly the same as the texture file for that ship.

Have Fun!

MK

Ok thanks MK just looked into the files and found the problem. The guy who made it must have been either much on coffee or he must have been very sleepy or otherwise he would have seen that the files of the linefrigate1 need the file sailorpoints file linefrigate1 and not linefregate1 !!!

I suggest to add this into the patch files ;)

Sooo this was rather fast solved maybe i'll look into the files more closely and find some other issues! This for certain was a very easy one^^

Ok now i also found the error why my engine.exe kept on crashing randomly.... it is because i have a fked up keyboard gaming keyboard which has the problem that if hold any key for to long the typing won't stop and so the engine crashes, maybe due to getting to much requests or so... i don't know but what i know is that with my other keyboard don't have any crashes at all ;) so another problem on my side was solved :D

Nice find on the sailorpoints mate, well done! :onya

Just out of curiosity, what kind of gaming keyboard do you have?

Nice find on the sailorpoints mate, well done! :onya

Just out of curiosity, what kind of gaming keyboard do you have?

it's a usb 2.0 cyber sniper warboard (yeah i mainly bought it because it had that unusual name and because it had 10 macros) too bad that i didn't read more closely... It has a US layout which sucks for someone who is german and the keyboard is for some reason not fully compatible for windows 7 (so i cannot use the macros -_-* which sucks²)... thats why i use a sturdy Ps2 keyboard now which does the job far better that the junk i bought....

and now to my mouse:
It's an sentinel advance gaming mouse which i have now for 2 years without any issues, but now i have the problem that this mouse is not starting properly when i boot windows... so i have to plug it in and out manually everytime which is annoying but i love this mouse so much i don't htink i gonna exchange her anytime soon. I'll try to install the newest drivers for this maybe it will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZF90-TFBg

Umm can someone tell me where the file is located which causes the beeping^^ i'd like to see why it actually beeps and maaaaybe one of my fathers employers, who is aparently a good coder can look into it ;)

I had a feeling it might be a USB keyboard, they are convenient as far as connecting them goes, but nothing beats a dedicated PS2 keyboard connection! Sadly, PS2 ports are quickly becoming a thing of the past. I did have a Logitech G-11, the drivers for it were absolutely atrocious and caused incorrect key presses to be passed on to other programs. The macros were really about the only feature of that board that I liked. But it was like typing on a wet sponge compared to my old IBM Model M, best keyboard ever!

A good mouse is just as hard to find, I have tried a couple of wireless mice lately, but none of them come close to the comfort of my old wired 12 year old Logitech.

Sorry I can't help you with the beeping mate, I know our modders have been working on that problem for quite a little while now.

could someone confirm please wether there are national soldiern on boarding decks or not in GOF 1.1... i am far to lazy to spent 5 hours on questing and I am to proud to use a cheat console, since it is not working anyway.

Like MK said, when I get back to work on the ships on the 15th I will start with the problem ones. The Linefirgate is noted.
me.gif

I fixed her. The update will be in the next Mod.

Linefrigate (No Crew on deck) = Fixed/ Sailorpoints and Now has deadeyes, a Gammoning, and a better deck.

Back