• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Help fix "bank01"

Myth

Freebooter
Good day. I need the help of a person who understands editing 3D models of locations. It is necessary to slightly correct the "Bank01" location model from the standard game. The problem is that one of the chests is right next to the door that leads into the room. You need to move this chest and that's it. I'll fix the locator files and lighting myself.

I checked and in COAS and TEHO the chest is there. IN AOP and POTC:NH the chest is missing.
So we probably got our version from AOP. Here's a chest free bank model.

Attachments

• Bank.7z
    593.1 KB · Views: 153
I meant this chest and this location in the screenshots. I meant this chest and this location in the screenshots. You use Tool? Just removed the chest?
Now i cant open this model on Tool.

Attachments

• Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0001.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Buccaneer's_0002.jpg
    Buccaneer's_0002.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Maybe the model can be opened in the TOOL if you use it under Windows XP.
I will try it once I get the chance.

Personally I have set up a virtual machine.
Success!

View attachment 37361

You need to use an older version of VirtualBox to get it working properly, as 3D acceleration is not supported in Windows XP in the latest version.
Version 5.2.44 works for me.

Even if it isn't the case you run into other models that can be opened in XP, so you may want to try it.
If you want help in finding a copy of Windows XP, PM me. Maybe I will be able to help.

I didn't use the TOOL. Like I said the version we use in POTC:NH doesn't have the chest.
And I can't open it either with the TOOL. Some .gm models are that way.
What is it you want to do?

Not all models are broken in newer windows.
Some work normally, but some don't.
For example I couldn't open the stock Black Pearl model in Windows 10, even if other ships would open.

I will put this model as a spare. But I would like to get a version of the model where the chest is fixed, but at the same time the location model is not damaged.

Here's another version. I made that special chest invisible. The bank model can now (still) be opened
with the TOOL.

Attachments

• bank again.7z
    4 MB · Views: 150
Back