• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] English quest: Intelligence on Curaçao

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Can't find a way to make it and there is no obvious bug (expent two nights tracing, comparing sources, etc).

I can enter the city via the port or via the shores. Not matter how, I need to fly an allied flag because, even with 98 stealth and no bounty, I'm attacked for the soldiers if I fly the English Jack or the Jolly Roger.

After talking with the bartender and the moneylender, the ship I need to board appears in the point I moored (port or shore). But I can't attack her or board her (I'm using and allied flag). Talking with the captain solves nothing. I can't change flag either, or get back to shore/port or enter world map.

The only two walktrhoughs I found (both the same, BTW) say "board her". But she is unboardable/unattackable.

Other possible approach is entering the town at night while flying the English Jack, waiting the day in the tavern, etc. Now, why in the hell the Governor gave me the trading license? (And why every guard is attacking me even with 100 stealth?).

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
buho (A).

It is doable entering town at night, coming from the shores while keeping the English Jack.

The stealth system calls for a total revamp and the flag change system can use some care too. Same for the relations with other nations/bounties.

Added to my to do list.

Anyaway, if some one managed to make it different I'll love to know.

Cheers.
buho (A).

It is doable entering town at night, coming from the shores while keeping the English Jack.

The stealth system calls for a total revamp and the flag change system can use some care too. Same for the relations with other nations/bounties.

Added to my to do list.

Anyaway, if some one managed to make it different I'll love to know.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hey there buho,

I did it two times and its probably a little bugged, there's no log entries even when you are given the mission in Port Royal and the license is useless, you can never board the brig with the license.

I droped anchor at a shore and entered the city at night, did my dealings and got out at night again,always keeping the english flag, then when you get back to your ship the brig is waiting for you with no problems, just board and be happy. :dance

One as to improvise. ;)

Navegador

Strange that the log doesn't update.

@buho

I'm thinking maybe in the file that holds the quests, perhaps its missing a trigger that enables the log to update?

Strange that the log doesn't update.

@buho

I'm thinking maybe in the file that holds the quests, perhaps its missing a trigger that enables the log to update?

I lurked around for some time but I still lack a lot of knowledge about the quests system, so I found nothing. After GOF 1.2 coming live I'll try again.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back