• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] Climbing masts - How to get back down ?

surg23

Landlubber
Something i never knew was possible in this game until earlier today when i accidentally climbed one of my ships masts all the way to the top, even to the top of the flag pole, which put me at the same height as the tops of the Fort walls. This was a fantastic view of things, the only problem being i could not get back down.

This happened while test driving a 28 gun Line frigate (i think that is the name) Was this intended, or just a bug with some of the ship path-finding ? ... At any rate, it would be awesome to utilize some of the crows nests/platforms on certain ships to get a good view in tactical battles, and could possibly warrant some kind of advantage to keeping watch up there.

Any idea's ?

On some ships you can climb up... how to get back on deck? Well best is to go the same path down that sounds easy but can be tricky of course. It's not a bug its a feature that might be deployed on every vessel though unsure if that will be truely done.

On the RaaFrigate you can also climb up if I remember correctly. We'll see what future versions of GoF will have in store.

There is a thread in the brainstorm section which talks about this, there are more details in there. I'm not sure if it's a feature that will make it into all ships, Craiggo could shed more light on this since I believe he was the one that was tinkering with this.

Back