• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help changing a few things...

StevenSSX

Landlubber
Can these issues be fixed in Age of Pirates 2?

- the day/night sky is just plain and bland and awful... in AoP, the sky always looks beautiful, even during storms
- the ship speeds and turning rates... they are a lot faster in AoP, making the game a lot more fun
- the ship cannons reload incredibly slow...
- raising/lowering the sails takes a lot longer than in AoP
- in my version of the game, there are sound issues... the music and dialogue have annoying static, forcing me to mute the sound

Lastly, is there an easier way to download and install these mods? I find that rarely any mods are consistent. Most of them have little info and are scattered throughout these forums. I don't want to spend hours searching these forums for the right mods to install and end up having messed up directories. Isn't there an installer program I can use to keep track of all my mods? Can these mods also have proper grammar so they look professional? I also find that many of the mods are written for modders and not for regular users (there are many abbreviations and version numbers). Can't someone input a little date beside the mod so you can tell when it was released / updated?

So which mods should I download? Do any of them fix the above issues? I don't like installing these large mods such as the 'combined mod' because they contain a bunch of useless mods I don't want that would end up changing the game and adding stuff I don't need. It would be a lot easier if there was a giant database of all the mods with a description and easy to install file beside them. Too bad...

Anyways, your help would be great. Thanks! :)

Maybe :shrug

I haven't played or modded much with AOP but I'm guessing it's file structure is most similiar to COAS as opposed to POTC. You just have to find the right files.

1 - my mod will contain new skys it would be random sky color and sun will affect only on clouds btw my sky will also move (i mean it will slowly turning in cirlce - horizontal line)
2 - ship speed and turn rate will be improved there are several files which need to be coded and its taking time its not just as in aop to change speed/turn rate in shipsInit file
3 - about cannons it will depend what caliber it is and on sailors quanity also on sailor exp,ship skills and officers
4 - about this one i didnt try anything yet couse i dont know with which codes i need to mess
5 - i think we have original sounds from coas and i guess they will give u link in some time

hope it helped a bit :onya

1 - my mod will contain new skys it would be random sky color and sun will affect only on clouds btw my sky will also move (i mean it will slowly turning in cirlce - horizontal line)
2 - ship speed and turn rate will be improved there are several files which need to be coded and its taking time its not just as in aop to change speed/turn rate in shipsInit file
3 - about cannons it will depend what caliber it is and on sailors quanity also on sailor exp,ship skills and officers
4 - about this one i didnt try anything yet couse i dont know with which codes i need to mess
5 - i think we have original sounds from coas and i guess they will give u link in some time

hope it helped a bit :onya

Thanks, can't wait for your mod. I think the sound file is just my copy, I'll try getting a new one for like $10.

Gentlemen, if The Pirate Bay is what I think it is, please carry on this conversation in a PM or else where.

Pirating the Game?

Just for clarity's sake, we will allow discussion on working around Starforce or getting a no-CD patch, but NOT on pirating the game itself.
Any posts dealing with that will be edited/deleted.

There is such thing as a CD/DVD Image burning which your allowed to use to back-up your game which were fine with... However pirating the game (even as a backup) is not to be discussed on the forum here!

Back