• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Canons

DarkSlimus

Powder Monkey
Hi there,

I don't understand something with canons:

like you see the max weapon is 8lbs but I can mount only 4lbs, why? It's the first time it's happen to me or I never notice this before ...

Hi there,

I don't understand something with canons:

like you see the max weapon is 8lbs but I can mount only 4lbs, why? It's the first time it's happen to me or I never notice this before ...

Hmm that is weird. It shows you don't have any cannon fitted at all.

What happens when you try and fit 8lb'rs?

Why you can't? What ship is her?

Open the ship cannons menu; click in the line showing the cannons, click fix. You'll see the cannons mounted in the ship.

Click the OK button. Click another ship in the scroller before closing the F2 screen.

Cheers.
buho (A).

It seems to me that it just always says 4lbs cannons when you have no canons fixed at all, probably just because it is the smallest caliber in the game.

I have some questions about canons, too. Am I presuming correctly that you must not mix different calibers on a ship?

And, what exactly is the difference between canons and culverines? In CT I knew culverines had more range but less damage. In CoAS culverines that come with same damage multiplier and range as a canon do profit from less reloading time. So, is their base damage smaller, are they more likely to explode or is it just the price? In one sentence, what is the disadvantage of culverines?

And, what exactly is the difference between canons and culverines? In CT I knew culverines had more range but less damage. In CoAS culverines that come with same damage multiplier and range as a canon do profit from less reloading time. So, is their base damage smaller, are they more likely to explode or is it just the price? In one sentence, what is the disadvantage of culverines?
Go to any shipyard, and tell the guy you want to buy cannons. You will find all information there.

Open the ship cannons menu; click in the line showing the cannons, click fix. You'll see the cannons mounted in the ship.

Click the OK button. Click another ship in the scroller before closing the F2 screen.

Cheers.
buho (A).

It was a bug on one ship (brigantine), I send it feed the fish.
Next time I board a brigantine and keep it, I test if it was a général bug for this type of ship or only a single bug for my one !

Cheers.
buho (A).

It was a bug on one ship (brigantine), I send it feed the fish.
Next time I board a brigantine and keep it, I test if it was a général bug for this type of ship or only a single bug for my one !

I picked up a brigantine last night to swap out with my merchant lugger and I refit heavier cannon on it without a problem.

@SlimustheDark
I am sure you did highlight the cannons in your hold b4 pushing the fix it button, yes.

As far as the cannon vs. Culv. goes, i always pick cannons, less explosions and they have the highest weight available. Plus with the ship perks, the bit of extra range does not justify the less damage compared to the cannons, imo.

Back