• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] Ascold quest

Anjin

Landlubber
Ahoy,

I finally found the powder and slowly progressing through but I am in a bit of a pickle.
After Havana and on my way to the Shores of Amatrice only two (2) Man-o-Wars spawn up not ten (10). I have tried this several times and jumping in sea mode in different spots but to no avail. I am in a class 3 Dutch M-o-W with no companions/ships in addition (not sure, if that makes a bit of difference). I can not get my hands on that list. Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Ahoy,

I finally found the powder and slowly progressing through but I am in a bit of a pickle.
After Havana and on my way to the Shores of Amatrice only two (2) Man-o-Wars spawn up not ten (10). I have tried this several times and jumping in sea mode in different spots but to no avail. I am in a class 3 Dutch M-o-W with no companions/ships in addition (not sure, if that makes a bit of difference). I can not get my hands on that list. Any ideas? Thx in advance.
Do you play GoF 1.1?
Read this
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-611-ascold-quest-inventory-list-bug/
And, particularly:
giocoso said:
bna said:
Officerpuppy said:
Updating status to: Requires Testing

I can live with four ships. I'll make the change.

Thanks for the help in finding the problem :onya
You're welcome.
Unfortunately, I've overwritten my save before MoW-battle already, cannot test right now :(
I confirm.
The fix works.
Simply replace
i = rand(9)+1;
with
i = rand(1)+1;
The replace done after the travel from Santiago (dialogue with the Spanish officer), but before the subsequent dialogue with Askold in Basse Terre :yes
The book is certainly in one of two man of war.
For my experience, in the second.
clarification: my experience is in GoF 1.1

I do not know that much about Vanilla, I only play GOF. So it is a mod thing that there is only two?! Cool, I was hoping to capture a few ships but as long as the list is on one of them, I am good. Thx.

Ahoy!
I am also stuck on this part with the two man-o-war ships. I tried to go on the above mentioned address but it shows the site is unavailable. I click "HERE" to view the data which it seems to be moved but still I can't find that topic. I also searched the COAS folders to find " i = rand(9)+1; " and replace it but i had no progress there too. If you can be more specific about that bug I will be very grateful. I play on the GOF 1.2 version mod the one downloaded from here http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-full-release-v1-0-faq-bugs-installing.17530/
Thank you in advance.

Even though there are less ships spawning now, rather than 10, the list is on one of them. you still have to battle and capture the ships though. DO NOT sink them. the list will be in the captains room.

I thought so myself as it was in the original version. I check every single time the capitains room when I board those ships but nothing was there only money, gems or books, I searched the capitain and even the board deck. The list was nowhere to be found. I have a strategy now. I believe the list is randomly generated is some of those ships and if I try several times bording those ships one can get lucky. However, this may take a lot of time if it works at all. I read previous forum posts it seems there is a solution but i can't find it.

Back