• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Heavy Sloop of War, 1797

Great work, Craiggo, she looks excellent! :cheers

Did you edit those nation and period chance values? Are they correct for her?

A couple of things:
- refShip.All should refer to another ship's ID, such as "Corvette1", rather than "corvette", which doesn't exist
- refShip.cannon should equal CANNON_TYPE_CARRONADE_LBS24 rather than LBS32 (I think)
- refShip.BigPicTexName and lines below it will be sorted out once I've got the interface screenshot stuff organised
- Is the waterline value correct?
- GeraldSails lines will be refined to fit the new system

Everything else looks OK to me. :onya

changes made:onya
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43901618/CArmstrong/misc/corvette_volage.txt
except for the 24pdr carronades, a ship like the volage could easily have mounted 32 pdr carronades. The american heavy sloops of war of the war of 1812 carried 32pdrs and they were a bit smaller. however the volage probably only wouldv'e mounted long 9s max for long guns, but our system doesnt really accomodate anything other than the set cannon:carronade ratio of calibers.

I've got the British skin working in the game now as that uses only textures that were already in there. Does anyone know what we should do with the French and US ones? Try to add those too?

Also, I've got her classified as a "Fast Brig" for now. Would "Naval Sloop" or "Brig sloop" be better?
She will need an interface screenshot to be added too.

BTW: There is something wrong with the walk patch around the stern. I can't walk onto the quarterdeck and instead end up going through it. :facepalm

Right now, it's technically a Post Ship, since it is carrying 24 broadside guns.

A small ship requiring a Post Captain as captain, is that right? Would "Post Ship" work as in-game type name?

The French version could be called a corvette, the American a heavy sloop of war, and the British a 6th rate or post ship. I feel like post ship can create confusion with post office packets. Could just call them all volage class corvettes too.

I thought the British navy never did have Corvettes and that was a French term? I'd like to have one type name covering all of them.

And at the moment, I only have the British version working in my game. I'd have to figure out how the textures work to get the other two in there too.

You could rename all of the post office packets "packets." That's what I usually see them called. Or you could put something in the vessels description explaining what a post ship is, allowing people who don't know to learn. (I don't know if PotC uses the same description system as CoAS.)

The ship descriptions PotC uses are only used in the Repaint interface and nowhere else, so that doesn't work.

There is no "Packet Brig" in the PotC game anymore at all.

How about "6th Rate Sloop-of-War"?

Back