• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hearts of Oak: Soundtrack Friday #8 "Devil's Chase"

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Have ye ever felt like the devil himself is chasing you? That almost all hope is lost? Feeling his fiery breath on your neck?
If so, then this is your week! It's time for the "Devil's Chase", composed by Mathias Hoogland! :pflag

Hi all!

Has been Hearts of Oak development resumed? I contacted Captain Murphy to join the project time ago but it was dead. If it´s resumed and on going, i want to join to help if possible! I have worked in the past with @Flannery and @Captain Murphy also. Thanks!

Has been Hearts of Oak development resumed?
No, it's not.
No need.

@Armada and his Skyward Digital are already releasing "Buccaneers!" this September.
Blackmark Studios is preparing something new in the Sea Dogs series.
And @Volodymyr's Mauris Studios is working on "Corsairs Legacy".

Best we can do i to support them; and try to increase the interest in pirate games altogether.
In the end, that'll end up helping all of us out.

@Captain Murphy did say recently he'd like to dust off some of his "Salty Sea Dogs" projects again.
Starting with upgrading the "HM Frigate Unicorn Virtual Museum" to a more current code state.
He also said he could use some help with that.

Thanks Pieter.

Being honest, i really aprecciate the @Armada effort with Buccaneers! but i don´t like that graphics style at all. I´ll probably buy the game to support it...but i´ll not play it. And Corsairs Legacy seems to be far away for a "release" candidate to be honest ( no ships images for example in Steam page).
I hope Blackmark Studios have a real good game in development.

And for all of that, and with the effort this community is putting on the mods to Sea Dogs different versions, i really liked the idea to try to develop Hearts of Oak. In fact i offered in the past to buy the license of each paid asset on the Hearts of Oak ( and was refused). I know it´s in a really initial prototypes stage, but i´ll like to try to resume and organize it´s development. This is the best community to try that project.

Being honest, i really aprecciate the @Armada effort with Buccaneers! but i don´t like that graphics style at all. I´ll probably buy the game to support it...but i´ll not play it.
Truth be told, chances are I'll be the same. Don't play so much anyway; and what I do play, I often do on PS4 these days.

And Corsairs Legacy seems to be far away for a "release" candidate to be honest ( no ships images for example in Steam page).
It's definitely more of a "long term" development, that's for sure.
If you haven't done so yet, check out their website: Corsairs Legacy Pirate Game 2021 Official Website

The reason you haven't seen ships images is explained there:
They're deliberately NOT adding that into their "Game release I" at all.

The reason is simple: the simpler they make their first goals, the higher their chance of actually succeeding.
It might not be what we'd all want in the end. But it's a starting point, not an ending one.

I hope Blackmark Studios have a real good game in development.
Likewise!
Count on it being based on the Storm Engine though.

And for all of that, and with the effort this community is putting on the mods to Sea Dogs different versions, i really liked the idea to try to develop Hearts of Oak. In fact i offered in the past to buy the license of each paid asset on the Hearts of Oak ( and was refused). I know it´s in a really initial prototypes stage, but i´ll like to try to resume and organize it´s development. This is the best community to try that project.
I don't even have access to most Hearts of Oak files myself.

I asked @Armada if we could share the "New Horizons Remastered" files with the Corsairs Legacy team, but he didn't think it would be any use.
Even ignoring the complexity of those asset licenses.

I would love a restart of Hearts of Oak; with a full community working together towards the same goal.
But I don't see how we could.

The best I could imagine is joining forces with the "Corsairs Legacy" team.
They already joined up with another development group before; so I know they're definitely open to it.

Back