• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Having trouble boarding!

Ryan Phillips

Landlubber
Hi Guys, so i recently bought this game (felt the need to pirate!) and have to say it's awesome, after reading a few reviews online I installed GoF 1.2 straight away but i have a problem.

I seem unable to board ships (or most ships anyway) i demast them, leave them sitting ducks and move next to them, no option to board nothing, even when they've struck colours and surrendered (i turned it back on in the GoF options) i often still can't board them and am forced to just leave them there.

I've tried multiple angles, speeds, distance etc nothing seems to work :(.

Is this a problem that's been encountered before? if so is there a way around it? Really enjoying this game would hate for this to ruin it.

Thanks

This is sort of happening to me. I take down the center mast and the small front one remains, the whole white bar is empty, the red one is halfway down and refusing to go down any further no matter how much I pound it, and the blue one is slightly under the red and not really going down.

early boarding you have to come alongside beam to beam almost touching and going same speed as they are so furl sails at last moment kill speed then keep hitting space bar . skills "long board " allows farther action and boarding from either astern or over bow and while still moving. note: if your weapons have begun firing and have not cleared all guns before boarding initiates after you win battle and return to sea view your guns that remain that had not fired will now fire ,,, have lost ships good commanders and loads of goodies that were still on captured ship that way,also be carefull with ship position if you are touching enemy ship and it sinks it will grasp yours in its clutchs and destroy yours.

Back