• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hardcore mode - starting the game

tarsus

Landlubber
1)When you start the game you can choose HARDCORE GAME ( just below AUTOMATIC GUN RELOAD)
What is this mode? I haven't noticed any difference...

2) When boarding and capturing another vessel - you can assign officer, but you can take all the crew, so on the second ship there is 0 crew - but ship still sails. Is this a bug? or low difficulity level ( I play bosun level for a start)

game ver. 1.3

thanks

1)When you start the game you can choose HARDCORE GAME ( just below AUTOMATIC GUN RELOAD)
What is this mode? I haven't noticed any difference...
Can't save game except in churches, IIRC.

2) When boarding and capturing another vessel - you can assign officer, but you can take all the crew, so on the second ship there is 0 crew - but ship still sails. Is this a bug? or low difficulity level ( I play bosun level for a start)
Oh it sails alright, but all the one guy on board can do is turn the steering wheel. Raising sails is extremely slow, to the point of pointlessness. So no, not a bug.
Oddly enough he's still able to fire all the guns at once, though. That might count as a bug.

Maybe, but on the other hand - what is really bizzare - if you do not have enough crew on main ship to cover minimum ammount of crew on both (own and just captured) ships - you can't capture new one. But if you have - then you can put 0 crew on new ship, and with full crew capture other ships to your flotilla exactly same way. If you and your crew are well skilled in combat, you won't loose much of them during boarding fight - so this way (as my wife did yesterday) you can capture whole merchant flotilla of galeons, caravelas etc just with one fast schooner, and few officers (really stupid ones too).
Call this whatever you want, but the way I see it - it's a bug as hell - as this allows you to get rich very fast...

Maybe, but on the other hand - what is really bizzare - if you do not have enough crew on main ship to cover minimum ammount of crew on both (own and just captured) ships - you can't capture new one. But if you have - then you can put 0 crew on new ship, and with full crew capture other ships to your flotilla exactly same way. If you and your crew are well skilled in combat, you won't loose much of them during boarding fight - so this way (as my wife did yesterday) you can capture whole merchant flotilla of galeons, caravelas etc just with one fast schooner, and few officers (really stupid ones too).
Call this whatever you want, but the way I see it - it's a bug as hell - as this allows you to get rich very fast...
Yah, yesterday with a lugger and a crew of 115 I captured in one shot: a caravel, a fleut and a Frigate ... (I defeat the frigate with 99 vs 350 men)... Then I have to leave the lugger because the 57 remained men weren't enought for the frigate and the lugger. Not really realistc but funny (I'm at sailor level).

Back