• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Happy new year´s and a small question

tercioviejo

Sailor Apprentice
First congratulations for this new year 2015 , I have still a member since 2007 and I honestly feel a deep admiration for your work . Thanks to you I have spent long moments of amusement in my spare time and follow a hug from Spain .

well my problem now, I'm playing the beta version 3.2 build 14 , Devlin Opera 's mission , going all right until I get the pirate council, and each explains his version of the message of the father of Beatrice, some say go to Jamaica, Granada etc ... ; Islands that do not yet exist by that name, the issue is that when the mission is updated sends you to Nevis , which does not yet exist by that name , but as Our Lady of the Snows , (Nuestra Señora de las Nieves).I searched the forum, my English not it is very good , not if the mission goes up there , and did not develop more or is there something I'm missing and not looking in the right place , any help or clarification will eternally
the greetings

Happy New Year mate, glad you have enjoyed the mod as much as we have enjoyed making it! :cheers

One of the things about the Build Mod is that it is a constant work in progress. Which means that there are parts of the mod that remain unfinished, and unfortunately that is the case with the Develn Opera, it is unfinished. It's been a long time since I looked at it, I forget exactly where it stops, but from that point on it becomes a free play scenario.

many thanks for your answer , well I hope one day we see it finished, even if it involves a lot of work , but as always will be a masterpiece on your part .

You are definitely right on those incorrect island names. The dialogs were written with the island names hard-coded.
However, after this storyline was added, we added the Periods mod that changes a bunch of names depending on the date.
With the Devlin Opera set in the first time period, that is the time when most names are different.

I have gone through the files now and corrected the ones I found.
But if you could make a list of all incorrect island and town names used, that would be appreciated as well.
There is a very good chance that I missed out on some.... :facepalm

That being said, this storyline is indeed unfinished and ends abruptly when you get to Nuestra Señora de las Nieves.
It would be great if it could be continued further, but we don't have anyone available to work on it, I'm afraid.
That is why we just listed this story as "Free Play" in the Select Storyline interface.

If you are still on Beta 3.2, I would strongly recommend you get the latest Beta 3.3 WIP from my signature!
It is a vast improvement over Beta 3.2 in several ways and we're very actively working on making it better still. :cheeky

You are definitely right on those incorrect island names. The dialogs were written with the island names hard-coded.
However, after this storyline was added, we added the Periods mod that changes a bunch of names depending on the date.
With the Devlin Opera set in the first time period, that is the time when most names are different.

I have gone through the files now and corrected the ones I found.
But if you could make a list of all incorrect island and town names used, that would be appreciated as well.
There is a very good chance that I missed out on some.... :facepalm

That being said, this storyline is indeed unfinished and ends abruptly when you get to Nuestra Señora de las Nieves.
It would be great if it could be continued further, but we don't have anyone available to work on it, I'm afraid.
That is why we just listed this story as "Free Play" in the Select Storyline interface.

If you are still on Beta 3.2, I would strongly recommend you get the latest Beta 3.3 WIP from my signature!
It is a vast improvement over Beta 3.2 in several ways and we're very actively working on making it better still. :cheeky

Thx a lot Pieter, I`ll downdoald right now.

Back