• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Happy Birthday Modernknight

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi

Happy birthday MK & get well soon :cheers

Cheers
damski.

I will tell him you put this on here, I hope it cheers him up. I think hes mad at me. Som of his friends gave him a hard time so I took down the stuff i put up. Hes awake much more now. He usually talks a lot but has been very quiet. he seems depressed. Hes been using his laptop. He mainly writes tho. His kids r older than me and so none of them R here 2 see him, so its just me and som of his friends. thank u for putting this on here. ttheres no conection ther but I will leave this up on my netbook to show him.

Happy Birthday MK! 1967 was a good year! :cheers

Thank you so much Mates!

They are making me get up and do some exercise. There are some hotspot cafes here in a few places and I'm using fishfood's netbook. Wow, a lot going on at PA! Very excited to get back into things in a couple more weeks. Thanks for all the PMs and support. I will be back up and going at it again in no time! :dance It will be so good to go home.

And yes Thagarr my friend - 1967 was a very good year indeed. The Camaro and Firebird came into being. In my opinion the best year of Dodge Charger (1968) was sold in show rooms. The 426 HEMI dominated NASCAR in real steel cars that looked liked the ones in the showrooms - as well as the NHRA Drag circuit. Our people found their voice and rose up and stood up for what they believed in. And then of course there were a few free thinking pirate at heart knuckleheads like you and I that came into this very rules oriented, "don't question" world. :modding

I find it very amusing that many of our youngsters today don't question at all. They want to be a blood-thirsty pirate with all the goofey trappings inside a video game, but would never ever consider being a rebel or questioning authority or the establishment in any way shape or form in their real lives.

One of my favorite movies is "Vanishing Point". I plan on watching again soon, just to get my blood and mind clean. I relate to the protagonist of the story on so many levels as he races a 70 Dodge Challenger across the country to the point of no return - the "Vanishing Point".

I saved for years to buy a 70 Dodge Challenger R/T and finally bought one when I got back from serving in Europe. I still have her and she's fiery reddish orange with a black hood and 440 MAGNUM. When I get home, one of the first things I'm gonna do is take her out on a deserted road late at night and break a few laws and rebel a little. I have had her 150 MPH speedometer buried over the readings on a few occassions. Raising my own black flag me hearties!!! My games only allow me to go so far.

Thanks for the birthday message Damski.

MK

Good to see you up and about mate, I bet you were about to go nuts being stuck in that bed with no internet connection!

I have never seen Vanishing Point, I will have to look it up and give it a watch. By the sound of it though, it will be very much worth watching. One movie that had a similar effect on me was Knightriders from 1981, Ed Harris gave one of the best performances of his career in this, his first staring role in a film. It tells the tale of a traveling troupe of Renaissance re-inactors who bring back the sport of jousting on motorcycles. It draws much inspiration from the legend of Camelot, a man with a Utopian vision who sees it ripped apart before his eyes both from pressure within and without. I didn't understand much of it when I first saw it, hell, I was just a kid then, but the film stuck with with me over the years and has refused to let go.

Interestingly, it also came out about the same time as one of my other favorite movies, Excalibur. Not exactly historically accurate to be sure, and it wonders from the legends in a couple of places, but still a very well done and beautiful looking film. Nigel Terry gives an absolutely brilliant performance as King Arthur, and Nicol Williamson is simply outstanding as Merlin. These two films are both very similar, but very different as well. Some rules are there for a reason, others should never have existed to begin with. It is the struggle to know the difference that brings out both the noble side of man, and sometimes also the worst.

A belated Happy birthday to you modern Knight! :drunk

I had no idea anything had happened to you until I saw Fishfood's posts. :eek:ops2 get well soon, and get a better speedometer!

There are other reasons for thinking 1967 was a very good year. People standing up for themselves for one. I was out on the streets then, just doing my patriotic duty. 1967 was the last year when no advertising was allowed on Formula 1 race cars. It was also the year that the winningest Formula 1

motor ever was introduced, the Ford-Cosworth DVF V8. It was also the year that I rolled my first car, a convertible.

I no longer drive my 1967 Ford Mustang. It was the only car I owned for 14 years but these old bones can't take the race track suspension anymore. Its little 289 will only do 135-140.

I've had Excalibur for years. There is some good stuff in it, but haven't seen those other movies.

Back