• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Guards weapon and outfit change

Start a game - or load a savegame, it doesn't matter for this. Quit at once. Then post "compile.log". That should tell me which version of the game you're playing. If you're not playing the latest version with full updates, an "initModels.c" which refers to new models not included in your game might not work.

If you are playing a fully updated version then this is the "initModels.c" which would be included in the update.

Attachments

• initModels.c
    497.6 KB · Views: 140
Here you go. Models work so I am not sure if this is even necessary

Attachments

• compile.log
    53.7 KB · Views: 149
That's the May 2018 install without the full update, so although it might work for a while, it may later try to use a model which is defined in "initModels.c" and which does not exist. That will crash the game.

Try this one, which is from the May 2018 install. It should work just as well, and doesn't try to use the extra models which were added in the updates.

Attachments

• initModels.c
    484.3 KB · Views: 153
I´m very sorry for being so bad at modding but I didn´t manage to change the weapons to sabers, they all still have their muskets in every period.

Attachments

• Periods.c
    45.4 KB · Views: 152
I know and I firstly didn´t know what the saber ID was so I just gave them random weapons to see if it works but it didn´t.

To find weapon ID's, look in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c". For example, this is the line for the basic sabre:
Code:
n = InitBlade(n, "blade1",  "blade1",                  6,  11,  0.90,   1,   63, 15.0, 18.0, 14, 13,  "",        0,     0,    PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS,      PERIOD_NAPOLEONIC); // Sabre//BB

In your version of "Periods.c", you have only changed weapons in the first two periods ("Early Explorers" and "Spanish Main"), and then only the blades; you have not changed "SoldierGun". In "Golden Age of Piracy", which is the period used for FreePlay if you do not change the start date, you've changed weapons for pirates but not for any other nation. In "Colonial Powers", which is the period used for the "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline, you have not changed anything.

The block which starts with 'if (bSeaActive && bAbordageStarted)' is for soldiers in boarding actions at sea and is not currently used, so any changes you made there will have no effect. The part which provides weapons for soldiers on land starts with:
Code:
   else
   {
       switch(GetCurrentPeriod())

It doesn't matter; you still made a mod, didn't you? ;)

Wasn't your first mod or one of your first anyway?
Everyone starts from somewhere.

Back