• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Govenor quests bugged?

Out_of_rum

Sailor Apprentice
Im trying to complete some govenor quest, where i have to get the documents of a ship that sails by san jose in 10 days. I find the ship in local map and get the documents from the cabin chest, but when i return to the world map, the quest fails even tho i found the vessel and have the right documents.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Im trying to complete some govenor quest, where i have to get the documents of a ship that sails by san jose in 10 days. I find the ship in local map and get the documents from the cabin chest, but when i return to the world map, the quest fails even tho i found the vessel and have the right documents.

Have anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I have many times. You just have to sail in 3rd person on the last day of the quest in the vicinity of your target. Her/his ship should be around there somewhere. Sometimes you have to circle for a little bit before you can spot the target ship. It is very annoying. That's why I usually save my game 2 days before the last day of the quest. Sometimes I get lucky and have the target ship not too far and sometimes I just see the purple sailed ship on worldmap.

So i should just stay in local map and wait things out with the "wait function" until i get the "Enemy sails in the horizons" notification?

I just don't understand why it makes me fail the quest when i have the right documents from the cabin chest. As mentioned, it happens when i return to the worldmap after i got the documents from the cabin chest.

I see this is a couple days old, but just curious. What did the message in your quest log say? Did it say you fled because he was too much for you?

Yeah it did, after i get the documents from the cabin chest and go to world map i get the message that i fled because he was to much.

Once again, this quest is not working. This time it was a different ship. As soon as i enter the world map after getting the documents, the quest fails.
Maybe it is just the st. pierre govenor that has this bug?

Back