• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Got several questions

POOTIS

Powder Monkey
Is it possible to add music without replacing the previous ones and can there be a free cam mode? By that I mean can I make it so I move my camera freely without moving the character?

Is it possible to add music without replacing the previous ones and can there be a free cam mode?
Yep, just add new lines in the music alias file.
I think a new game is required though for that to update properly.

By that I mean can I make it so I move my camera freely without moving the character?
Bottom of InternalSettings.h , set that to 1 and then use Tab to switch to Free Camera mode.

@Pieter Boelen I've found a problem with the free camera.... It's really slow at sea, the mouse for up and down is inverted and I can go only forward and backwards, is there anything I can do to change that?

@Pieter Boelen I've found a problem with the free camera.... It's really slow at sea, the mouse for up and down is inverted and I can go only forward and backwards, is there anything I can do to change that?
Nothing that I know of and I have tried. I think @DeathDaisy tried as well.
The Free Camera at sea works, but that's all it does. It is also super annoying.

Nothing that I know of and I have tried. I think @DeathDaisy tried as well.
The Free Camera at sea works, but that's all it does. It is also super annoying.
yeah, seems the free cam at sea is hardcoded in potc, which sucks cuz I love taking screenshots :mad:
I poured all over the files and all you can change is the fov afaict(although I only tried changing it thru the console, which crashed the game, but I assume it works if you change it while the game isnt running). I did find a way to uninvert the mouse in the control files, but that seemed like a useless problem to fix when the rest is as it is

This game (especially with the amazing mod build 14) has a pretty good potential to make cutscenes at sea, it's a real shame that the free camera has so little functions

This game (especially with the amazing mod build 14) has a pretty good potential to make cutscenes at sea, it's a real shame that the free camera has so little functions
You'll hear no argument from me. :no

For what it's worth, it is possible to move the viewpoint to any other ship in the area. I'm not sure how to trigger this, though. That plus the limited zoom and movement around the ship should allow plenty of screenshot potential.

For what it's worth, it is possible to move the viewpoint to any other ship in the area. I'm not sure how to trigger this, though. That plus the limited zoom and movement around the ship should allow plenty of screenshot potential.
What if I want to make a video? That's the main reason why I'm so concerned about this. I've got an idea for filming some stuff and then combining them together with some potc soundtrack song, but with the state of the free camera that would be kinda impossible, unless I could freeze everything while moving the camera.

What if I want to make a video? That's the main reason why I'm so concerned about this. I've got an idea for filming some stuff and then combining them together with some potc soundtrack song, but with the state of the free camera that would be kinda impossible, unless I could freeze everything while moving the camera.
I know it's possible with the Free Camera as it is, because several people used it for that in the past.
Doesn't mean it is particularly convenient though. Lots of patience required, I'm afraid.
But at the very least, the time compression should help; that speeds up the camera movement along with everything else.

Back