• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Got a treasure's hideout...

darkevil

Sailor
Hello "sea dogs"...

After long hours venturing througout the caribean seas, i have managed a huge amount of loot composed thousand jewelery pieces, gold and silver nuts, pearls, weapons, pieces of eight, ingots and the like.
I was wondering, if by any meaning, it's possible to make some mod for having a Pirate's hideout somewhere on a desert island (like Turks, Cayman, Dominica, etc...) or on a shore of a desert spot (near Shore of Death, Caraiacas Lagoon, Chirico Lagoon, Shores of Scarborough, Shores of Boca de la Sierpe, Cape Unapproachable or Bermudas shores, in exemple) where the character may hold all his precious loot.

This hideout will kept a record of all things put in or several chest, like those in the cabin of your flagship. In this way, you will manage to save the special items or the loot you wish to keep instead sell it for money...

I think the runs for fortune it's as well for money than pretty jewels and things making life confortable for a corsairs, bucanneers or pirates or the like...
And it's unbearable that you have to loose those loot (in exemple when you have to go City of Abandonned ships (it's possible to handle money and it's more manageable than take all your loot kept by merchant)

What do you think about that idea ?

I like it! You can create your own treasure for others to search for and find.

Dunno if it is possible............

This is one of the features I have been looking for in pirate games since I first started playing them, the ability to build your own base of operations. In Port Royale, you could actually create a pirate hideout, but it was quite limited in scope, it was the first game I recall that let you do that though. I think it would be pretty tough to add that kind of functionality to the GoF Mod, though we have accomplished the impossible around here before.

I am hoping this is something we can accomplish with Heart of Oak eventually, but it certainly will not be an easy task.

I may wrong, but if chest in the flagship may keep some logs of it's content, it has to write somewhere those informations (i dunno what file or script hold 'em), 'cause you found them at every moment you goes in your cabin room.
So, if applicable to those chest, it may be use in a different way, no ?! :unsure

I'm blush a little 'cause i proud that two such a modder like this idea.... :oops:

it is posible but u will need a scripter and 3d modeler artist to create the loaction of the chest somewehre arround an island its hell a lot of work

Back