• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Google: New Coverage issue detected for site

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Coverage issues detected on PiratesAhoy!

To the owner of PiratesAhoy!:
Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 Coverage issues:
Top Warnings
Warnings are suggestions for improvement. Some warnings can enhance your appearance on Search; some might become errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site:
Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt
We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.
Fix Coverage issues

Top Errors

Errors can prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results. The following errors were found on your site:

Server error (5xx)

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

Whatever does this stuff EVEN MEAN??
Seriously, I honestly haven't the faintest clue.

@DH27, do you know more?

I think this is not in regards to our main domain piratesahoy.net but rather in regards to the backup domain that I created for the old Xenforo version. I blocked the site from being indexed by Google and maybe that's why Google is reporting those errors. Overall I don't think it's anything major.

I think this is not in regards to our main domain piratesahoy.net but rather in regards to the backup domain that I created for the old Xenforo version.
That sounds unlikely.
I never hooked that up to Google; so why would I get email notifications about it?

Also, the title clearly does mention PiratesAhoy .NET .
Plus, I used to get such emails even before you ever made that backup domain.

So I do think it's a bit more real... :unsure

That sounds unlikely.
I never hooked that up to Google; so why would I get email notifications about it?

Also, the title clearly does mention PiratesAhoy .NET .
Plus, I used to get such emails even before you ever made that backup domain.
Are the coverage issue and the server issues two seperate issues that are being reported, or are they the same? I referred to the coverage issue, the server issues are something else for sure.

Are the coverage issue and the server issues two seperate issues that are being reported, or are they the same? I referred to the coverage issue, the server issues are something else for sure.
I did indeed combined the messages from two separate emails into one forum post.
The "Server Error" was on the 27th of November 2021.
The "Top Warning" was on the 1st of this year.

In regards to those dates, I am pretty sure the servers errors are no big deal, if they really only occured on that date. The 27th of November was one of the dates on which I experimented with the new Xenforo version and switched the live forum from one server database to another, resulting in a couple of minutes of downtime of the forum.

Regarding the top warning/coverage issue, I still suspect the backup domain being behind that, but that's nothing major anyway, since it's only in regards to Google Search results. It might help, if you would send me a screenshot of the full error, so that I can inspect it further. The links that you provided in your post are only visible to you unfortunately (since you are the owner of the domain), I can't use them.

Back