• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release GOF Historical Eras Module #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

It seems the deck view on the vessel English 64 Gunner (tier 3 ship) is glitched. You start in first ship view inside the structure and cant walk the ship normally, a bit problematic when you are fighting yourself aiming with guns ;)

Also maybe some ship description are messed? For exemple the description for the Carrack (tier 4) which read the description of a Galleon when you right click it, or the Patrulla Galleon (tier 4) which read the description of the Queen Anne's revenge which was a frigate. Just for cosmetic purpose i guess ;)

I really enjoy this mod, the number of available ship is awome!

edit : does the Lantern clock is supposed to give bonus?

Thank you vadahar,

I am continuing to keep a running errata sheet based on all the bugs people are reporting. So your comments will help me fix everything. The mod is far from perfect but getting better and better.

So for anyone that is interested, while I am not contributing to PA! any longer because of differences of opinions I have with regards to a great many things, I will finish the Eras 2 mod. I do this for three reasons. 1) it is my favorite game and I play it myself all the time. 2) because I said I would. 3) because of the overwhelming positive comments and offers of help. Positive input is 10 times that of negative and I had no idea that the mod would be downloaded tens of thousands of times - especially considering how huge it is.

*******Even though PA! never followed through on the original intentions to transition the main effort to COAS when the Build mods were complete, there is still hope for COAS and Storm fans!

While PA! is no longer interested in continuing to mod COAS and focused completely on HOO/18th century sail video gaming, I would like everyone to know that I will be starting my own site in the next six months that will be focused on the 17th century and the Golden Age of Piracy - everything swashbuckling with a very historically authentic focus and philosophy.

Lots of new historically based articles and stories by yours truly and other authors.

This site will also be very techn0-geek focused and will cover new late breaking technological efforts that will be launched by a startup company I am involved with. In addition, it will also feature a segment that is very focused on tactical and strategic historical simulations. One of these simulations will be a 15th through 19th century strategic/tactical "wargame" that will showcase the naval aspects of war and dozens of famous historical battles and vignettes. There will be an RPG element to it as well but it will be very much like the Total War offerings and be a commercial endeavor.

Featured at the very top of the site however will be the continuing COAS ERAs 2 Mod as well as a section dedicated to future mods for POTEHO. As the old Sea Dogs modders broke off years ago from PA! and started Ellaybe Island http://www.thelib.com/forum/ , I am now following suit and doing the same for COAS. I have had so many offers of assistance from qualified people (quite a few Russians actually!), that I think COAS and the ERAs mods will have a very bright future.

Also not to worry because future versions will be offered in torrent form and multiple methods/mirrors for download. I have finished my skiing for the year and just finished my conferences. I have a lot of time on my hands for the next month and plan to really jump into getting the next version of Eras2 completed as soon as I can.....new ships, items, characters coming up and quest fixes, a new colony, possible other locations, lower boarding decks, and continued dialogue fixes. Also have had some progress on flags and the blinking glitch that accompanies dismasting and evolving flag code. I think there will be a day coming soon when we enjoy pennants and personal flags just like in New Horizons. Lots of exciting stuff coming up in the works! Stand by for more...

While we are at bugs some 2nd of the line ships have 106/96 guns, if i remember correctly, i will try to find the name of that ship again for you if i come accross it.

Keep it up MK I can't wait till the release of the new eras version.

so can is there any estimated date for the release of the version ?

Edit: oh but the details of the Hour-Glass shows in full in my inventory. I noticed this issue because I was gonna sell the Hour-Glass by mistake but remembers that it gives me +30 leadership.

Since it is mentioned, while the description is fine, the item doesn't provide any leadership, as far as I noticed on my game.

Sorry, All links are again closed.

This is due to Post Captain's continuing dominance and unchecked power over the PA! website - as well as his deleting my comments/posts that were completely innocuous and inoffensive. When will someone limit this little Hitler nutjob's power here?

I will make one last post when the new website is up and running to let GOF ERAs2 fans know where they can continue to DL the mod. Sorry should only be a few months. Stand by and wait a little while....GOF ERAs is not dead.....it will be available better than ever soon.

Last edited:
You crossed the line there and can now be considered a troll. Can you smell the burning bridges?

And you who would bow to no one Hylie will take his part. I can't believe it. Are his contributions here greater than my own? He has been deleting my comments unchecked for awhile now. Who limits his power?

If you'd like, I can provide the site's admins a with complete list of the few (often offensive, three in total) comments I have justifiably deleted with all of their content.

Last edited:
Those incidents have been discussed and are being discussed.

You have done a huge amount of work and have contributed quite a lot to COAS, but have lately become quite disruptive also. The scales are tipping.

Please do. However your opinion of offensive must be far different than my own Sir. Your power of moderation has gone to your head Sir and needs checking. Nothing I have said this day warrants deletion. You live in the USA Sir and this is still a free country. I have used no expletives or swearing. I have done nothing inappropriate. With the title of moderator you must circumvent your own bias. But you can't. Everything I said this day was in good faith with the purpose of bringing new models and contributions to PA! and I made an offer of legitimate employment that could be to the betterment of gamers everywhere and that was no threat or in competition to your non-profit HOO effort. Your bias and your personal dislike of my comments is what caused you delete them - not because they were offensive.

You have abused your power Sir and other members cannot even be a fair judge of the matter because my comments no longer exist because of your extreme censorship. I will not stand for it Sir and demand that your powers of moderation be curbed. Have you written entire articles for the benefit of this sites memberships Sir? Have you built a major mod that tens of thousands of people have downloaded from PA! ?

Well I have....and yet you have been given censorship powers over me. Unfair I say! Unjust I say! Unfounded I say! Not right I say!

I agree that your posts should not have been deleted yet so that everyone could see what you did. Coming into a hobby forum trying to hire hobbyists for your hypothetical corporation crosses a line.
This did not go well before and it is not going well now. Not everyone is for sale.

I have just sent a list of all of the content I have deleted or modified that is visible to Armada, Pieter Boelen, and Hylie. If they believe I am at fault, they are perfectly able to reinstate the content.

I have nothing against you as an individual. I have deleted three (I have checked.) of your posts bashing Hearts of Oak. I only did so upon moving the thread they were contained in into the Hearts of Oak forum at the request of the thread's creator. As the part of the forum in question was visible to all team members and to the public, I felt that the posts warranted hiding from the public, and I am sure the moderators will agree.

As for the most recent post you take issue with, recruiting from another game's forum is a clear breach of forum etiquette. If the admins do not agree, they are free to reinstate that post.

I have twice removed content by you in this thread attacking me and designed to ignite conflict. Trolling, in other words. While you did not use any profanity, your comments were offensive, and designed to create conflict. That is also a breach of forum rules.

NOT to incite conflict Sir! But to show members the the reason for my current unhappy state and to focus their gaze upon the object of my current problem - namely YOU sir - my major impediment to continuing contribution to a site that used to care about members and Pirates and Pirate gaming.

You're entitled to that opinion. But you seem to be the only one with such a vendetta against me.

Would you be angry with me if I suddenly started deleting your posts?

Thagarr left because of you...

This getting pointless. I am tempted to start deleting posts myself now.

I suggest we all call it a night.

Edit: Simultaneous posts. I agree. I'd rather like to sleep now, if that's fine with you.

This getting pointless. I am tempted to start deleting posts myself now.

I suggest we all call it a night.

I agree. I just wanted those fine models like the Oliphant for the STORM games. And here is the talented builder Marion on our doorstep. I would have shared with everyone regardless if I had purchased them or employed her. Oh well, I've had a belly full. The lack of respect alone will send me reeling for months. And its not a hypothetical corporation and I am not even in charge. I have simply been given certain freedoms. All my best....

To make a break :) I found another issue with first person on deck with the Privateer Sloop. While it is less a pain than it was for the English 64 Gunner, you start slightly in ship sructure and some angle of view are weird, or you cant go up the platform at the back.

Cheers

*******Even though PA! never followed through on the original intentions to transition the main effort to COAS when the Build mods were complete, there is still hope for COAS and Storm fans!
[....]
Lots of exciting stuff coming up in the works! Stand by for more...
I have tried to support you many times. Sorry to see that my efforts were not enough for you.
It wasn't for lack of goodwill though. And the same goes for many other members here.
Just thought you should know that.

I do wish you luck in your endeavours.
If you can do even half of what you say, it'll indeed be an accomplishment to look forward to. :onya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back