• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Gilbert Downing's Inquisition prison entry

Nightmare

Freebooter
After completing the Ardent Storyline i went straight to the Downing residence to Check out the Inquisition prison. As usual i payed the Fee for entry after talking to Gilbert about what to expect in the prison i go to enter the door but it was locked. i don't know why this is happening but i cant enter so i left the residence to try it again and now Gilbert's dialog is different not even mentioning anything about the Prison.

Can you upload a savegame? I'd like to have a look through the questbooks to see how you played the story.

In particular, what did you do after kidnapping Lucia?

After the Kidnap i Successfully proposed Marriage then i went on to Convoy Strike. here's my save.

Attachments

• Save.rar
    694.6 KB · Views: 214
Thought so. The problem is not that the door is locked, but that the door does not exist. The link from the side door to the dungeon is set up when you rescue Lucia from the dungeon, which happens after she's been abducted by Piers Downing, which happens in all paths through the story except one. If you marry Lucia early then Piers sends an assassin instead of a kidnap squad, so you never rescue Lucia from the dungeon, so the link is not set up. I forgot about that when I wrote the museum scene. :facepalm

Put the attached file into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\quests". Then load up that savegame. (Which was very useful, as it was saved just before talking to Gilbert Downing, providing a perfect way to check the problem and then test the fix. Thanks! :onya)

After visiting the dungeon, you can go to Santo Domingo tavern. The questbook shows that you have unfinished business involving a Mayan temple. ;)

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    482.4 KB · Views: 141
Thought so. The problem is not that the door is locked, but that the door does not exist. The link from the side door to the dungeon is set up when you rescue Lucia from the dungeon, which happens after she's been abducted by Piers Downing, which happens in all paths through the story except one. If you marry Lucia early then Piers sends an assassin instead of a kidnap squad, so you never rescue Lucia from the dungeon, so the link is not set up. I forgot about that when I wrote the museum scene. :facepalm

Put the attached file into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\quests". Then load up that savegame. (Which was very useful, as it was saved just before talking to Gilbert Downing, providing a perfect way to check the problem and then test the fix. Thanks! :onya)

After visiting the dungeon, you can go to Santo Domingo tavern. The questbook shows that you have unfinished business involving a Mayan temple. ;)
thanks! i left the Mayan temple for last since whenever i tried doing it during the marriage quest it would glitch the quest so i couldn't complete it. don't know if it affects other main story quests.

thanks! i left the Mayan temple for last since whenever i tried doing it during the marriage quest it would glitch the quest so i couldn't complete it.
In what way? I didn't think it should affect the marriage quest, but if you found a problem, I'd like to fix it.
don't know if it affects other main story quests.
Sort of. If you complete the "Mayan Temple" quest before you kidnap Lucia, you may find another way into the bedroom...

if you kidnap Lucia and shes's in your cabin waiting to talk to you and you decide to do the Mayan quest at the same time she despawneds and she wont reappear ever glitching the main story.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The "Mayan Temple" quest does not involve Lucia and should not affect her at all. It must be a side effect of ships being swapped around when Mauricio Juradu steals yours and you temporarily take command of Doolin Becart's little fishing boat. I'll need to play through the storyline again and see if I can trigger the same problem, then figure out how to solve it...

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The "Mayan Temple" quest does not involve Lucia and should not affect her at all. It must be a side effect of ships being swapped around when Mauricio Juradu steals yours and you temporarily take command of Doolin Becart's little fishing boat. I'll need to play through the storyline again and see if I can trigger the same problem, then figure out how to solve it...
i completely forgot about Mauricio to be honest :rofl

Mauricio is not essential, you can complete the "Mayan Temple" quest without hiring him - provided you know where the temple is. You just miss out the part about him stealing the ship, you hitching a lift on the fishing boat, and duelling him in the tavern.

If you didn't hire Mauricio so he didn't steal your ship then I'm really puzzled as to why Lucia disappeared!

Also, I don't think you've yet triggered another minor event involving Lucia. Acquire silk, by any means you like...

Update: I think I've fixed the problem of the disappearing Lucia.

When Lucia goes into your cabin after the kidnap, she actually goes to a special location "Tutorial_Deck". By some means which I don't understand, this automatically translates to "whichever cabin location is used by whichever ship you're sailing". One result of that is, if you acquire a different ship while Lucia is still in your cabin, and that ship has a different cabin, Lucia will still appear in the new cabin.

But the tartane has no cabin at all. So, when Mauricio steals your ship and you have to borrow Doolin Becart's tartane, Lucia is dumped onto the deck. Now she's not in "Tutorial_Deck" any more, she's on the deck location for a tartane, so when you get your ship back, she isn't moved into the cabin.

So, when Mauricio steals your ship, the fixed version now checks if Lucia is in "Tutorial_Deck" and if so, makes a note of where she's supposed to be standing. When you kill Mauricio and get your own ship back, the code checks if that note exists and if so, puts Lucia back where she was.

I've tested it by playing the kidnap, going straight to "Mayan Temple", and seeing Lucia back in the cabin afterwards. For good measure, I then loaded up a savegame from just after the kidnap, released Lucia in San Juan, and then did "Mayan Temple" again to make sure she doesn't reappear in the cabin when she's supposed to be wandering around outside San Juan town hall.

Again, put the attached file into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Ardent\quests".

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    483.5 KB · Views: 138
When Lucia goes into your cabin after the kidnap, she actually goes to a special location "Tutorial_Deck". By some means which I don't understand, this automatically translates to "whichever cabin location is used by whichever ship you're sailing".
Yep. Can't quite remember exactly how that works, but it does indeed do that.

But I can imagine using it for Quest NPC's is a bit risky, because it is a bit of a magical process as you've discovered... :unsure

To be honest, I used it because that was fairly early in my story-writing and I was just copying what I found in another storyline which worked. xD Normally it works very well, as long as you stick to ships which have cabins. So, after I'd stolen the ship from under the guns of Santiago fort, and subsequently pirated something else so the fort wouldn't recognise me, Lucia duly appeared in the cabin of the other ship. But I'd always done the "Mayan Temple" quest before the kidnap, as it provides another way into the bedroom, so I never saw the problem with Lucia on the tartane. Apparently neither did anyone else until now! Therefore, thanks again to @Nightmare for reporting the bug so I could fix it.

To be honest, I used it because that was fairly early in my story-writing and I was just copying what I found in another storyline which worked. xD Normally it works very well, as long as you stick to ships which have cabins. So, after I'd stolen the ship from under the guns of Santiago fort, and subsequently pirated something else so the fort wouldn't recognise me, Lucia duly appeared in the cabin of the other ship. But I'd always done the "Mayan Temple" quest before the kidnap, as it provides another way into the bedroom, so I never saw the problem with Lucia on the tartane. Apparently neither did anyone else until now! Therefore, thanks again to @Nightmare for reporting the bug so I could fix it.
Glad i could help. Case Closed :D

Back