• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Giant Black Ship?

Jerdna_Stark

Powder Monkey
I didn't really know how to mark this other than "Need Help", but I suppose it fits best.

Hello there!

I've noticed that, when I approach some of the locals in ports, if I choose the dialogue option for gossips or news, I will often hear them speak of a "Giant Black Ship sinking everything it meets."

Here is the full dialogue:
1675357684752.png

I was very curious about this and decided to finally make my way to Bonaire to see if there is something more to it. But I have not encountered anything that seems like it would be connected to this.
Some of the locals I talk to though have the exact same dialogue as I have shown above.

I have also tried to search for it on the Wiki and the Forums, but found nothing...

I am very curious as to what this is referring to. Is it a Side Quest? A Random Encounter? Or does it simply refer to the "Black Pearl" from the original storyline???

That is the hint for a big sidequest. There should be a group of women standing outside the town hall - talk to one of them. (The ship isn't as big as all that, but it looks scary and could very well frighten civilians.)

That is the hint for a big sidequest. There should be a group of women standing outside the town hall - talk to one of them. (The ship isn't as big as all that, but it looks scary and could very well frighten civilians.)
Ah, so it is the "Strange Things going on in the Caribbean" Side Quest?

Back