• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Getting promoted in Naval free play?

Foop my Car

Freebooter
I've recently started the Naval free play, and it seems that you can get promoted? So how do you get there? I'm currently post captain and have been doing quests for the governor at Kingston

Look at the "International Relations" screen. "Post Captain" is a British term so you're presumably in the British navy. When your rank shows green, you're due a promotion, which you'll collect by talking to any British governor.

You earn points towards your next promotion by attacking enemy ships. Any enemy ship counts, not just those from ship-hunting quests from the governor. Go out onto the high seas and try to find a group of enemy ships, the bigger the better.

Post Captain is quite high. You'll need to sink or capture a lot of ships to earn your promotion to Commodore!

Any enemy ship counts, not just those from ship-hunting quests from the governor.
In fact, those governor missions are "small beans" compared to fleets out at sea.
They're mainly useful for making some extra money and reducing the price of a Letter of Marque before you enlist.

Though, if I recall, once you gain ranks, the ship you have to fight can become bigger and bigger.

It'll still just be one single ship though.
Much faster to tackle a whole fleet.
Or a fort/town. Those count too.

Look at the "International Relations" screen. "Post Captain" is a British term so you're presumably in the British navy. When your rank shows green, you're due a promotion, which you'll collect by talking to any British governor.

You earn points towards your next promotion by attacking enemy ships. Any enemy ship counts, not just those from ship-hunting quests from the governor. Go out onto the high seas and try to find a group of enemy ships, the bigger the better.

Post Captain is quite high. You'll need to sink or capture a lot of ships to earn your promotion to Commodore!
Got it. Just yesterday after posting this, I resumed my gameplay after capturing 2 french 3rd rates with an Endymion class frigate, got my promotion! Currently using the HMS Shannon now.

Back