• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

German translation

Aerilon

Powder Monkey
Hey folks,
today I had the idea of translating your work into the german language. I have no problem with english, in fact I like the Englisch and Spanish language more then my German language, but yet I thought it would be nice to have all the stuff in my own language.
So, I need to know the locations of the files with the text. Like Dialogues, Ship and Quest Descriptions, Names and Descriptions of Weapons and so on. If I know the locations i will start to translate them.
It might take a while, but one fine day I'll be done, and then of course I will share it with you.
Or is there already an ongoing translation where I can help?

So far..so good!

It's bee tried before, but translating while modding work continues has been proven to be more trouble than it's worth because there's a LOT of text and it keeps changing.

you do realise that that means you'll have to stick with the modpack from then on until final completion, right?

well, from the look of things, it's pretty unlikely that someone else will be managing any updates on the german version after the translation is finished. i could be wrong, of course, but it'll become more and more mixed with english dialogue unless someone keeps it up to spec.

Uhm...well actually all I wanted to know is where I can find the text files, so I can edit it. First just for myself!!!! I don't need everything in German, just a few things. And just for my own pleasure ;)
If there should ever be a final version of the mod, I might think about translating the whole stuff for everyone again. But till now I just want to play around and translate a dialogue here and a dialogue there.
U know what I mean?^^

For the general dialogues - PROGRAM \ Dialogs \ English - the .H files contain the non-storyline text for the dialogs

For storyline ( eg Assassin - Bartolomeu - Jack Sparrow ) - PROGRAM \ Storyline \ ---- then the story line you want then--- Dialogs \ English -- again the .H files contain the text.

:mm

Muchas gracias, amigo!
That's what I was looking for. I searched so many files and was never sure. Now I am, thanks a lot.

I personally think that you should wait until the Build Mod 14 is completely finished. The texts keep changing and you would maybe waste your time. And I think in general we'll have to think about translating etc. only after the whole Build Mod project is completed. Also, I think that a german version is not needed (i mean, nowadays, everyone knows english). Until then, storylines have to be finished and bugs identificated :keith .

Still as Aerilon says, it's mostly for their own pleasure, so go for it i say and doing some translations now will mean less later on when the Full Build is done. But as others have mentioned, the text does change quite often, not always in a big context way, but in small specifics that are hard to follow in a translation project. Still you got the files locations, use something like Notepad++ to edit it and maybe use Winmerge to help to spot differences between files you work on, and most importantly of all - Make a back up of the file and work on that, rather than edit the original file, and good luck - keep us posted on how it goes :nk

Back