• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

So, do the modders actually have any idea what our problem might be? I'd like to help if I can. I know...a little bit about the AOP2 code. Not much though.
You're more than welcome to give it a shot, I'm the only one around here whos part of the GoF! team atm and I'm not the ship expert in the group.

I managed to get it working through a convoluted series of uninstalls and re-installs. But after playing for a while, the game has started freezing when I try to change flags. When I hit the 'change flag' button, the music from the little movie that plays can be heard for about 3/4 of a second, then the whole game freezes and I have to use the task manager to end the process.

(Im hungarian, so soryy my bad english)

Hello, my problem is:

I installed coas, then GOF v1.1 then v1.1.2, but I cant buy new ship over class 5, but my navigation skill is on 95%, im over level 10... (In the GOF options I make COAS default to the realistic ship, but the problem is same... I cant see, just 5-6 ship in shipyard....

THEN:

I uninstall ALL (+shif+del:)), then I install coas, then GOF 1.2 (v1.0), I started a new game, but I cant buy ship, just level 7(im level 1, but in GOF options a make the COAS options( to see all class ship, not just the level, which i can use without penalty)

What is the problem, how can I buy class 1,2,3,4 Ship? (When i see all ships in shipyard, is correct, but if im go to level 10 again, and then I cant buy ship, just level 5 again, a kill me XD) (In gof v1.1.2 my navigation skill was 95%, but i cant buy ship level 1,2,3,4....)

If memory serves we did that on purpose. We discussed that it would not be realistic to be able to buy ships larger than class 4 at shipyards. We have talked about allowing Bermuda to sometimes have the odd ship that is larger that was captured by cut-throats, but we never implemented it.

If you go to your options menu and then open mod-options, then toggle realistic ships to OFF. Then push "re-init". Then push "Accept", I think you will be able to buy higher level ships at the shipyards. Keep in mind you may not see them immediately. The shipyards generate them randomly and a different list is considered based on your current character level.

MK

If you go to your options menu and then open mod-options, then toggle realistic ships to OFF. Then push "re-init". Then push "Accept", I think you will be able to buy higher level ships at the shipyards. Keep in mind you may not see them immediately. The shipyards generate them randomly and a different list is considered based on your current character level.

MK

I did it, but not work... Realistic ships is OFF(coas default), but I cant see the other ships, just level 7. What is the problem?
And: Is somewhere list with picture to the ships(and statistic)?
In the Age of Pirates: Caribbian tales was good to see all ships, a I can made a plan to ships buy...

What level are you? Like I said, keep in mind you may not see them right away. Often you will not see ships above level 5 until you level up to around Levels 8 to 12.

Many people have asked for a guide before with lists and pictures. We don't have one yet. Keep in mind that we have put in over a hundred ships into COAS in two years. We have barely had time to keep up. There are only a few of us still modding this game these days. I may have some time to make an illustrated list in another month or two - I would like to do this. I don't think we will be getting many more new ships. The German modellers have all disappeared.

MK

What level are you? Like I said, keep in mind you may not see them right away. Often you will not see ships above level 5 until you level up to around Levels 8 to 12.

Many people have asked for a guide before with lists and pictures. We don't have one yet. Keep in mind that we have put in over a hundred ships into COAS in two years. We have barely had time to keep up. There are only a few of us still modding this game these days. I may have some time to make an illustrated list in another month or two - I would like to do this. I don't think we will be getting many more new ships. The German modellers have all disappeared.

MK

wait, so whats the state of the modding teams?
It seems like both mods teams are now few in crew members and that the development is come to an almost stop? Is that right?
Is a fusion between both modteams realistic? Why don't you exchange content with each other?

So many questions!!!:ship

I fully agree. A downside to creating the German mod forum is that all the Deutchlanders migrated away from us into their own area. We would welcome their return to assist their English speaking mates.

MK

I'm not sure if this is realted to my flag bug, but here goes:

In an attempt to bypass changing flags, I decided to attack some english ships (I got stuck on the english flag). I found some, hit 'engage', and was put at sea with them in the distance. All normal so far. As I approached, (They were about halfway inside my solid shot range with 32 pound culverins and max cannon skill) the screen sudden went black, then came back a few se3conds later. I was alone. No other ships, and all the fog had vanished. I could see to infinity. I was able to then change my flag to french. But attempting to change it again just a few minutes later, the game froze again. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or can maybe suggest a way to find out?

Just uninstalled and re-installed. Still doing it. Is there a way to remove the movies for flag changing? I suspect they may be the culprit.

(Also, the intro movie: "The sea: A raging beast full of ships..." cuts out after 18 seconds. Even when I run it in Windows media player. Anyone else having this problem?)

nope i have the version fully working and no video problems so far... maybe you should use VLC player and test it there or you download was broken...

Hy again, I have an another question:

I have a navigator officer, and I get my main caracter the ship speed +15% ability, but my ship speed is same.
Why?:) (My officer dont have ship skills pont, just my main caracter... And this skill was green...)

Another thing:

I adjust the mod options for my want, i go to reinit, and save and ok, but if I quit the game, and then start again, the MOD options set back to main state...
This bug is just by me?

What level are you? During beginning/early gameplay, the ship will perform based on its stats as well as the numbers of assigned crew and their level of skill. Honestly crew skills can really influence your performance stats much more than officers early on in the game. There is a passage point where your own skills (and your officer's skills) will begin to visibly show increases in your ship's performance stats over and above the ship's "stock" numbers. I usually start noticing this influence on my numbers at between level 8 to 12.

After you pushed Reinit, and then Accept, did you go back into your current game and push SAVE or F6 for quicksave? That's the only way it will take the reinit for that particular game. The MOD Toggles are set as configured in their current state for GOF to begin with, so if you start a new game even after you have changed your options, you will have to go in and set them up how you want them again.

MK

New patch out, see first thread for download link.

Changelog:
New "Three videos" by: TheEvilking
New "Hector Barbossa model" by: Damkski
New Norrington privateer texture.
New Will Turner texture (more PoTC 3 and less PoTC 1 looking)
Removed Davy Jones as a PC, he's now only an NPC.
Gave the FDM to William Turner.
Added the missing Surprise deck texture to hull2 and 3.
Gave HMS Surprise to Barbossa (The Surprise from M&C is the same ship as in the Pirates movie but under a different name)

Amendments to the GoF! Readme:
"New Currency Mod: Pieces of Eight" by: Captain Raven
"James Barrows" by: Captain Raven

A new game is not required to see most of the changes take effect.

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. I've downloaded the GOF mod and just had to stick y fingers into the HMS Victory since it's my favorite ship of all time. I added the nameplate at the bak and also fixed the stern spear-flag decorations under the stern lanterns. They aren't exact but they are a bit better than before. I also reworked the color-scheme of the hull (didn't like the red wood that was showing inside the gun holes) and the windows along with the sails and flags for all nations. Here's a few screens. If anyone wants this modification let me know so I can pack up the file & stuff. All credit goes to the original modders who made this ship/textures/everything.

Victory4.jpg

Victory3.jpg

Victory2.jpg

Victory1.jpg

Back