• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

do we want a more realistic sailing ship simulator or not if yes then why not make the correction.The sophie diving is more of a aestetic problem, its not crashing the game but looks sily since the sea almost covers the deck ( it flows through the ship though )

do we want a more realistic sailing ship simulator or not if yes then why not make the correction.The sophie diving is more of a aestetic problem, its not crashing the game but looks sily since the sea almost covers the deck ( it flows through the ship though )

So far there is already a *REALISTIC* mod available, it the german coas edition found here:

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/age-of-pirates-2-city-of-abandoned-ships-german-edition.18399/

That being said the mod of the German version lacks ship variability and the features to abuse the game ;)
For example: Every store has only 30k gold available for purchase transactions, that means you will have problems selling all your goods at once and struggle with earning money from trading.

On the other hand their boarding scenes are awesome, yet hard to master and there is overall a realism feel to it, GOF is a more roleplaying based game with some hack and slash aspects, having overporportional features on the other hand and scarcely on the side which the other mod has to offer.

Maybe they will fusion one day which will be awesome :D

LordTuvok said:
Sry as far as i have played through there are no crashes while changing flag.
Maybe you have a corrupt version of the mod or messed with the files? Try reinstalling and report back.

Thank you. I reinstalled the game using the patch version. Ignoring the version of this topic, my problem with the flags over. Where can I download the package "matesvoices"?

Should I install ENB Improved Graphics with the newest version of the Gentlemen of Fortune mod?

Heya matesvoice needs to be reuploaded, as far as i can see theres nothing against using ENB.
I use it in my game atm as well ;)

Here's something I made for Officerpuppy ;) my first issue showing vid i ever made, i hope its a little bit entertaining^^

I just forgot what difficulty level I am playing at(sailor bosun, skipper e.t.c.). How can I find it(where are the save files located?)?

The Mates voices isn't included since it was an optional add-on to GoF! Since the link is down and I don't see it in the FTP, what I'll do is provide and alternative add-on which I think essentially does the same thing. Until now it's only been an internal mod which only a few had access to but I'll let the community have it on a ask or need basis.

Just PM me with the subject "voices" and I'll give out the PW to the file.

Nice video by the way! That change of sails bug is quite funny, I can't begin to imagine how that's happening. :D

Officerpuppy, I can't believe you don't know where the save files are located or are they inaccessible?

Edit: nevermind, found the save files. they are in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\SAVE if you use windows 7 64bit, but those files are completely unreadable in notepad.

error.jpg
I had this error a while ago. It was for the first time, but maybe it has something to do with spontaneous crashes appearing on sea?

Edit:

OK, I'm pretty sure, that is the reason of my crashes. This error appears when I try to fire cannons (or rather - when game need to do a lot of calculations). Sometimes it's "Program ENGINE stopped working", and sometimes I have this Visual C++ error in absolutely same situation.

Edit2:

I reinstalled Visual C++ and whole COAS + GoF 1.2, didn't help at all. Graphic driver reinstallation didn't help too. Maybe there are more things I can try to do, but I think this error is on side of GoF and nothing will help until it's repaired.

I tried to use some registry cleaners, but didn't help too. Game is nearly not playable anymore, because of bigger ships shooting more cannons at once, I can say that there is about 20-25% probability of crash when ship is firing. Something is very seriously messed up in game stability. No crashes on foot, no crashes when everything is calm. But there is totally no possibility, that I can survive one single sea battle without crash. It's not for sure fault of my hardware, not so sure about software, but I can't remember such problems in Combined Mod.

Indeed, it's something that has been coming up in discussion a lot recently, that late in the game, as bigger ships appear, the game becomes unstable. Currently the team is not assembled and is away but once we're together again we'll brainstorm the issue.

I think, this Visual C++ problem may be the hint where to look. Is there any way to take crash log from this? Maybe some program monitoring processes in GoF, to be able to see from inside what caused the problem? OS has a memory dump, is it possible to take "memory dump" from the game? Such thing would make your work easier in future too.

Another question. I have 3 pink crystal skulls, and I don't see any effect. Combination of 3 skulls of different colours don't do anything too. Is this disabled in GoF?

And another thing. Isn't the Battleship a little too slow? It's barely moving at all, even with wind. And there are even bigger ships like man-o-war.

Hi, I am not sure if this problem that i have with quests is related to the mod, but here goes.
There are 2 doors so far that should be unlock but aren't. One being Isabella House which I already started the quest and need to go in and speak to her husband. The other is the door to Oliver Trust's room in Marigo which I already been to the diplomat. Any idea what is causing this "stuck". I just can't progress because I can't get into CoAS, not without using F11 and I don't know what it would break if I use it. And it might be a general problem which afect other quests in the future as well.

I'm having a similar error, but mine is right when I start the game. I never even fully see the desktop disappear, and I get:

Runtime Error!

Program: C;\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\start.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Yargh! I bet this mod contains ship by the name of "Queen Anne's Revenge", Yes? If it does, then how can I find it? Direct answer would be appreciated.:onya

Sharks Prize - looks like my guess was rather correct if you have similar error ;) I thought, that it may be the fault of my system, but those crashes are most probably somehow connected to this runtime error.

Yargh! I bet this mod contains ship by the name of "Queen Anne's Revenge", Yes? If it does, then how can I find it? Direct answer would be appreciated.:onya
I think that is a 4th rate ship so you can only have a decent change of encountering it when you have a 5th rate + ship. It also pop up in shipyards but it isn't the most common ship you see unlike the low end of ship class. Give it some time. I seen it once at sea and once in the shipyard after about a week of playing.

So, do the modders actually have any idea what our problem might be? I'd like to help if I can. I know...a little bit about the AOP2 code. Not much though.

Back