• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Gentlemen,

I am currently running version 1.2.6 with the 7-22-11 patch that Craiggo sent me back in July/August. I took a break from the game as I was having a serious crashing issue and got frustrated. I tried the game again a few weeks ago and somehow the crashing issue resolved itself and I can make progress again. I was rank 14 when I stopped and am now at rank 35.

Now that I have progressed pretty far into the game I have a few observations.

The biggest one that I have is about Officer loyalty. The system is horrible. I have Officers that are all Men of Honor or above. I am a Hero. However, all of my non quest Officers are rebellious. This makes no sense at all.

I scoured the forums and it seems that Officer loyalty is tied to whether you sink ships, take ships as a prize, and/or let the enemy surrender. .

So, as I have pretty much always taken ships as a prize or sunk them after looting them of all their goods, my Officers hate me. No matter how many times I help damsels, find the stupid moneylenders gem he keeps dropping, retrieve stolen ships from the port for the Port Captain, I cannot raise their loyalty to me. I decided I would start to let the enemies surrender and see if my rep will go up with my Officers.

So far my rep (w/ Officers) has not noticably gone up and I am not very happy about the surrender option. When the enemy surrenders, he offers around 900-1500 gold, no matter the size of the ship surrendering. If I take it, I havent even made enough gold to pay for the ammo and powder used. If I refuse, and either sink/board them, I lose rep (w/ officers).

This is very frustrating as I am sailing around in a very nice Dutch Man-O-War now with around 1000 crew and I am constantly harrassed by these little gnats of a ship (sloops, brigs,frigates, etc) that follow me across the map. These little ships would not harrass a huge war vessel such as mine. Somehow these stupid Pirate Captains think it is a good idea to engage me. So, as soon as I get into the engagment, they decide to turn tail and run. What a waste of time. Sure, I can usually just click out of the encounter before they get in range, but that is annoying to have to do all the time, and I want to sink ships and get booty!. These little fast, gnats can't get away from me though. I have upgraded my speed and my point of sail. There is no escaping my fury.

I didn't mind that so much when I was actually making money off of taking them as prizes, selling their goods, spare cannons and the ships when I got to port. Now though... I get absolutely nothing out of the encounter by letting them go.

it is actually costing me money to do this, as I don't get enough to pay for ammo and powder, food and rum, let alone my crew and Officer salaries!

Just a waste of time. This situation seriously needs to be addressed by making the amount of money offered in a surrender at least worth the time it takes to NOT sink the ship and to NOT board it but to damage the sails and crew JUST enough to make them surrender. Either that, or change the rep system so you do NOT lose rep with your Officers for defending yourself.

i have a problem with douglas.. he is lost.. he is on the officer lists but when i assign him to fighter he does not come. and he he not even at the cabin.. only on the officer list i dont see him this happent to me after tenochtitlan quest

start2012-05-0223-56-24-04.jpg

Comming soon

I'm having a problem with GoF 1.1, 1.1.1, and 1.1.2. I think I should be posting this in the bug tracker, but it doesn't seem to be working (at least not for me) and I can't find the bug addressed elsewhere.

When I install GoF 1.0, everything works fine, but when I install 1.1, suddenly I can't buy from the store. I can (usually) buy from street merchants, and I can (usually) sell to both street merchants and the store, but when I click the "Buy" arrow at the store, nothing happens except for the arrow pressing animation.

Hey guys, small edit to BattleInterface.c if your using the BUHO mate voices. This fixes the repeated Sails up / Sails down issue.

Code:
		//// {*} BUHO-MV - ADDED CODE - First Mate sails advice.
		case "Ship_SailUp":
			if (Ship_GetSailState(pchar) != 1)
			{
				PlaySound("interface\_sail_set_up.wav");
			}
		break;
		case "Ship_SailDown":
			if (Ship_GetSailState(pchar) != 0)
			{
				PlaySound("interface\_sail_strike_down.wav");
			}
		break;
		//// {*} BUHO END ADDITION

Ahoy, My game keeps crashing with an engine exe error when playing dutch and defending against spanish ships in port of Williamstead trying to capture Man-o-Wars for previous GG quest. Are there any fixes for this haven't been able to play for awhile now and what to get back to sea :)

Ahoy, My game keeps crashing with an engine exe error when playing dutch and defending against spanish ships in port of Williamstead trying to capture Man-o-Wars for previous GG quest. Are there any fixes for this haven't been able to play for awhile now and what to get back to sea :)

Is there a Battleship in the Spanish group? Just about the only ship that still gives me problems and causes crashes have been Battleships. If there is... try and sink it first and fast and then concentrate on the other ships. if there isn't a Battleship in the group... well, I dunno then.

Try and do a reload before the battle to get a different set of ships to fight.

First post updated with new GoF! link.

FYI, the patch is currently in the works with some new features that didn't make the cut plus whatever bugs we can squash.

Well, it's nice to hear that GoF 1.2 is complete but, after I downloaded it and went to extract it I got an error saying no archive found... Should I re-download it?

Hi everyone and thanks for this mod ! But I wanted to know if there is some kind of changelog or something ?

Hi everyone and thanks for this mod ! But I wanted to know if there is some kind of changelog or something ?
There is a change log in the mod, but I don't have it handy for me to post in the first post. To be honest, one of our faults has always been the changelog since we're always adding and fixing things, it's been hard to keep track of three or four peoples work.

Thank you very much for all your work, modders! Countless hours of my time will be lost because of your work.

Question: I noticed the music changed, specifically in battles and in the colonies. Was the Master & Commander music taken out all together? I do miss it.

Well, it's nice to hear that GoF 1.2 is complete but, after I downloaded it and went to extract it I got an error saying no archive found... Should I re-download it?

I had the same issue; however, if you drag each folder separately from the .zip to the game folder it should work fine.

Is there a Battleship in the Spanish group? Just about the only ship that still gives me problems and causes crashes have been Battleships. If there is... try and sink it first and fast and then concentrate on the other ships. if there isn't a Battleship in the group... well, I dunno then.

Try and do a reload before the battle to get a different set of ships to fight.
Thanks for the reply, I destroyed the battleship and the smaller ones and unfortunately 1 of the ship of the lines but captured the 2nd. I got commended by the Gov General and awarded increase in rank but could not turn in the captured ship. Is it possible somehow to buy the manowars and trade in for completion of this quest? BTW I am using the Flying Dutchman (not sure if this causes a conflict)

Nice to see GOF 1.2 finally on stage. I hope there was some fixes made between my beta version and the GOF 1.2 mod.
Nonetheless, I have a question if i may use some ressources i gathered [weapon packs etc.] and add them into the GOF 1.2?

On that matter I would like to know if you finished the trade with the german coas mod team, who offered you to use their weapons in GOF, if you let them use craiggos ships in their mod.

If not i would be happy to get my hands on that matter, to make it happen ;) more weapons wouldn't hurt anyone, would they?

Thank you all for this great mod!

But I think I have some serious problems!
First of all, when I installed GoF! 1.2 over a fresh copy of CoAS, the main menu was changed a bit.
(the GoF! emblem was back to its original blue with CoAS on it and every bar like new/load game, options etc. was grey like there was missing textures. Then I noticed that the background's textures -with the fort and the plans around it- were missing as well.)

Finally, the most major problem was that every time I installed another mod like 1.0 or 1.1, the main menu was completely back to the vanilla's menu and no video at the begining was showing up - ot even the companies' logos!

Any explanations and solutions?
Thanks in advance!

Well, you should install CoAS then GoF! on top of it, and nothing else. The latest version is a standalone and does not require previous versions or other mods.

If you want to tweak the game files, add your on mods, you can of course but we can't really help if what you installed broke something in GoF!

Hey I am installing this great looking mod :).

I was wondering what you all thought of unofficial addons, or rather if for instance I create a mod I want it to be compatible with yours. Would this be alright with you? Using this very generous and selfless work to make sure what I am making is compatible with what you've done.

Also does anyone have another download link for the Mates Voice WAV files

Back