• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Hello, I dont know where to post this but..

I've been doing alot of missions for the spanish governors and defended spanish ships from attackers but I cannot make the reputation increase higher than neutral.

Help?

Yes indeed, the boarding balance is somewhat strange.
Wether i lose 300 men on an empty vessel, or overwhelm a superior force like they haven't been there - I can't even grasp an edge of the math behind this... It's just so ... well, random.
But it does seem to be related to the level you are playing on. Strange enough, but you seem to be better off the higher the level (my perception)

Anyway, am i the only one who likes the boarding action from AoP1 better than the one from AoP2?
It's so crammed. So many narrow spots and you can't get through. The fighting doesn't take place on the main deck, but usually there are 3-4 on the upper levels and the stairs are stuffed with guys who can't get through either...
Also it's very short... as i've mentioned, usually i don't even get to the action before it's over.

:gday
I've been doing alot of missions for the spanish governors and defended spanish ships from attackers but I cannot make the reputation increase higher than neutral.

Help?
Well that is not a problem as I see it, or a bug. I have just gotten "Good" realtions to the French today while I was playing for +100 Hours in total and completed many tasks for the French Governor so it's a very long run so it seems, to get from "Neutral" to "Good".

If you want a Letter of Marque faster (which I guess) go to the Diplomat (Bermuda) and bypass the long progress to obtain it in a regular way. (Though it cost very much money if you buy it that way)

Yes indeed, the boarding balance is somewhat strange.
Wether i lose 300 men on an empty vessel, or overwhelm a superior force like they haven't been there - I can't even grasp an edge of the math behind this... It's just so ... well, random.
But it does seem to be related to the level you are playing on. Strange enough, but you seem to be better off the higher the level (my perception)

Anyway, am i the only one who likes the boarding action from AoP1 better than the one from AoP2?
It's so crammed. So many narrow spots and you can't get through. The fighting doesn't take place on the main deck, but usually there are 3-4 on the upper levels and the stairs are stuffed with guys who can't get through either...
Also it's very short... as i've mentioned, usually i don't even get to the action before it's over.
Yeah beats me too... The collision between the models is not gameplay friendly also in my humble opinion you simply can't pass if one fellow is close to you in a battle even if it is a friend, that's really silly. You get stuck and as you mention the battle is over befor you were able to do some handywork yourself...

Also it's not nice with the pistol for instance you can't aim in an accruate way and i don't mean the skill that's okay but your manual aim in the 3D view is simply bad... a nd your AI mates and enemies also often waste their Ammo by shooting their own guys, luckily we don't have friendly fire here.
:shrug

Still it's such a great game simply can't stop playing... until the next CTD occurs :whipa

Okay to the bug report
This type of Frigate has for sure the following bugs I've battled her kind more than once and always the same for me, as follows.

-Sails can't be damaged
-Crew don't take any losses (tried only grapes here)
(all of the above as I battled against her kind)

This one below does never ever get a bonus in the Maneuverability no matter how good the crew is or if she is almost empty of course the Player has enough bonus and it counts on other ships but not with her.

Those are my latest findings.
:sail

Good to see the modding is still going strong over here. downloading GOF now, looking forward to checking it out.

(NOOB ALERT!)

I started playing this game (mod) yesterday and first of all I'd like to congratulate you for your work! It is absolutely great!

I would though like to ask you two questions since I am an absolute noob:

1. How do I get out of Bermuda? (the main island) The exit is surrounded by rocks.
2. Why does all my crew disappear when I attack a ship?

Thanks a lot for your time!

(NOOB ALERT!)

I started playing this game (mod) yesterday and first of all I'd like to congratulate you for your work! It is absolutely great!

I would though like to ask you two questions since I am an absolute noob:

1. How do I get out of Bermuda? (the main island) The exit is surrounded by rocks.
2. Why does all my crew disappear when I attack a ship?

Thanks a lot for your time!
Welcome onboard matey :dance
Well this is the thread mainly for Bugs/Installing, since your questions goes more into the gamplay section I guess you might find some help in this section below
Here

As quick reference hit enter to display the quick travel and you can select different locations where to go (only available at a friendly town and depending on the selected difficulty setting) if you are near the water the pier I guess it's called in English you see a padlock (opened) left click the mouse and you are on your ship... consider the options and or the manual for more help since the ingame explanations are a little small here.

The boarding sequence if you mean that displays a comparison between your crew and the crew number of the enemy ship. So if you see only yourself and no one of your crew you are highly outnumbered that's why you might not see any friendly crew in this sequence.

in general you need to play for many hours to really gain experience and have a good crew/equipment so patience here is needed and play a little carefull at the beginning I would suggest.
:cheers

:will New mod ! :woot

Last time i was here 3.2 just came out, wow this is must install. Thank You all !!!

Btw. one quick question i had a bit of "beeping" problem (when loading battles) with 3.2 version when it got out. Was it a bug or was it just my PC then. I hope this new mod gets along with my PC :dance

]Welcome onboard matey :dance

As quick reference hit enter to display the quick travel and you can select different locations where to go (only available at a friendly town and depending on the selected difficulty setting) if you are near the water the pier I guess it's called in English you see a padlock (opened) left click the mouse and you are on your ship... consider the options and or the manual for more help since the ingame explanations are a little small here.

The boarding sequence if you mean that displays a comparison between your crew and the crew number of the enemy ship. So if you see only yourself and no one of your crew you are highly outnumbered that's why you might not see any friendly crew in this sequence.

in general you need to play for many hours to really gain experience and have a good crew/equipment so patience here is needed and play a little carefull at the beginning I would suggest.
:cheers

Thank you! I'm glad to be here :). I am very grateful for your help. Thank you one more time! I will check the manual.

I apologize for not being very precise. You were very close to what I meant. I have eventually found out that in order to quick travel I had to press "Enter", not "Space". Regarding my crew, I am still confused because usually a lot of them die.

i got problem with this mod. After i installed it i can't start the game. It shows some Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error with start.exe
I have C++ Redistributable. Does anyone know what can be the problem?

help!

Hey. I have just one tiny problem and I did't find any messages on this forum about it so I'm just going to ask. I downloaded GoF 1.0 and installed it on clean install of the game. After that I downloaded GoF 1.1 and installed it and finally the patch (quick fix). Now the problem is that the game is telling me it's still the GoF version 1.0. Also the zero wind thing happens to me all the time and it's driving me grazy.
I know for a fact that the patch is installed cause I manually installed it, but GoF 1.1 I'm not sure or better yet it does't seem to be there.

I should infrom you that my game is NOT at the default location. Now, could it be because of the bath of the install? What should it be in this case?
My game is at K:paasikiven pääkansio/Age of Pirates 2 and that's where I installed both of those mod versions too.
Could the 1.1 be sensitive to the fact that there is no Playlogic file before the Age of Pirates 2 file as in the default bath?
It's highly unlikely but I have installed the mod for a few times already and no help.

[...]
After that I downloaded GoF 1.1 and installed it and finally the patch (quick fix). Now the problem is that the game is telling me it's still the GoF version 1.0.[...]

Its ok. GOF 1.1 is not updating the version string. If you installed 1.1 in the right place it is 1.1 no matter what the string is saying.

[...]
Also the zero wind thing happens to me all the time and it's driving me grazy.
[...]

To all us. Welcome to the Land of the Neverblowing Winds.

[...]
My game is at K:paasikiven pääkansio/Age of Pirates 2 [...]

You Put the Horseshoe Game WHERE?! (Joke; play the game a little and you'll understand).

Cheers.
buho (A).

[...]
After that I downloaded GoF 1.1 and installed it and finally the patch (quick fix). Now the problem is that the game is telling me it's still the GoF version 1.0.[...]

Its ok. GOF 1.1 is not updating the version string. If you installed 1.1 in the right place it is 1.1 no matter what the string is saying.

[...]
[...]

[...]
My game is at K:paasikiven pääkansio/Age of Pirates 2 [...]

You Put the Horseshoe Game WHERE?! (Joke; play the game a little and you'll understand).

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks. I did see that book but did'nt read it.

i got problem with this mod. After i installed it i can't start the game. It shows some Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error with start.exe

help!

Check this thread it might help you.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-646-2-issues-of-crashing/

Urrrggg...

Well... I installed COAS-GOF and after a couple days I installed and old program I was needing badly. And even with all the Win 7 fancies about security, software integrity, assemblies and the like the installation broke COAS, which started to crash at loading with a message about the C++ redistributables.

May be the problem is with the Win Media 9 compressor the game installs. Or may be it is COAS itself.

My solution was reinstalling the game again, but if your COAS is complaining right after installed it is not a solution for you.

Try downloading a C++ redistributable from MS. Make a system backup before installing it.

HTH.
buho (A).

This one below does never ever get a bonus in the Maneuverability no matter how good the crew is or if she is almost empty of course the Player has enough bonus and it counts on other ships but not with her.
What can I say now it works... I captured the same shiptype and I removed the cannons and transfered some cargo then I saw a bonus in the Maneuverability section in by the boarded ship, later I checked my other vessel and at a certain point the bonus came in... late but it works... So looks like all is in order with this shiptype.

So guess I made a false alarm there, sorry guys. Boozing will be the end of me *lol*
:wp

[...]
[...]
Well you can adjust that a little in the mod options and switch from occasionly zero wind to the coas default setting. You still get low wind often but never 0 if I remember correctly.

Does this fix all the fixes that CMS 3.2 did? I am hopeful as this looks like a great improvement.

help!

Check this thread it might help you.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-646-2-issues-of-crashing/

Urrrggg...

Well... I installed COAS-GOF and after a couple days I installed and old program I was needing badly. And even with all the Win 7 fancies about security, software integrity, assemblies and the like the installation broke COAS, which started to crash at loading with a message about the C++ redistributables.

May be the problem is with the Win Media 9 compressor the game installs. Or may be it is COAS itself.

My solution was reinstalling the game again, but if your COAS is complaining right after installed it is not a solution for you.

Try downloading a C++ redistributable from MS. Make a system backup before installing it.

HTH.
buho (A).
thanks u, i re-installed the game, but im getting CTD at loading screen now, after intro movies.~,~
it says Engine has stopped working

[BUG]
1) The "Heavy Xebec" can load 26 cannons (~16lbs) ... at least it could, if it had enough cargo space...
I guess this counts as bug, because as long as there's a gunport, there's room reserved for that gun behind it.

2) "The Captive Groom" quest: No captain on the ship in question, quest can't be completed.
Goes from boarding screen straight to the plunder screen, without the captains quarters.

[BUG]
2) "The Captive Groom" quest: No captain on the ship in question, quest can't be completed.
Goes from boarding screen straight to the plunder screen, without the captains quarters.
That's not necessarily a bug since sometimes the person you must free is simply killed whithout your doing, not sure if it's time related (how fast you find the pirate in question). the logbock should be updated with ... yaddy yaddy... got killed and mission couldn't be accomplished. I had that a couple of times too.

If we talk about the quest where you need to resque a captive and bring her/him back to the quest giver.

BUG - Breaking Rock- Governors mission France
I've read somewhere here
"Fixed an error in the "Breaking Rock" mission in which the governor said Havanna instead of Santiago."

Well I'm not 100% sure but I think the Govenor still said Havanna and I sniffed around and couldn't find any clue there. I even sacked Havanna no Rock could be freed there. So if it's Santiago.... Also the logbook has a wrong entry like this:

It clearly reads "Havanna"

Back