• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help General Questions

Fleebusia

Sailor Apprentice
Hi there,

Just started playing the GOF mod yesterday but I'm having some trouble with a few things.

My first issue is that I apparently suck at land combat. I set difficulty to Lieutenant which appears to be less than medium difficulty, but every ship and almost any enemy I fight one-shots me. So far the only enemies I've been able to fight were those skeletons in a cave. I cleared them out a few times but ever since I reached lvl 2, they are almost impossible to kill. They keep spamming heavy attacks which one-hit kills me. Back stepping doesn't appear to work most of the time or at least not in tight spaces. I am currently using a malkus sword.

2nd issue is the mouse seems to have a weird forced mouse acceleration which makes panning the camera very slow (slower the faster you move the mouse) Its a real nuisance in combat when I need to turn around quickly. Similarly, the controls feel very clunky/unresponsive. Sometimes I click to attack and nothing happens. At first I thought it was the game queuing actions but now I'm not so sure.

Lastly, does that Maelstrom engine release fix or improve any of the control issues present in the base game, Or is it purely to enhance performance and stability?

Appreciate any useful feedback.

2nd issue is the mouse seems to have a weird forced mouse acceleration which makes panning the camera very slow (slower the faster you move the mouse) Its a real nuisance in combat when I need to turn around quickly. Similarly, the controls feel very clunky/unresponsive. Sometimes I click to attack and nothing happens. At first I thought it was the game queuing actions but now I'm not so sure.
Sounds like that might be the Windows 10 framerate problem.
I believe that should be fixed in the Maelstrom release.

Lastly, does that Maelstrom engine release fix or improve any of the control issues present in the base game, Or is it purely to enhance performance and stability?
@ChezJfrey would be able to give details, but he doesn't visit here these days.
Maybe @Mirsaneli?

Sounds like that might be the Windows 10 framerate problem.
I believe that should be fixed in the Maelstrom release.

@ChezJfrey would be able to give details, but he doesn't visit here these days.
Maybe @Mirsaneli?

Ahh roger that! Now that you've mentioned it, the framerate in this game is very peculiar. I tried messing with the fps cap but it made it play much worse. Equally annoying how the cursor/camera speed fluctuates rapidly depending on the backdrop.

Seems like Maelstrom is holding all the keys to unlocking a better overall experience. Appreciate the insight.

Back