• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved General Questions

Munchkin9

Landlubber
Well you know how this game is: it explains bugger all.

First off I should mention that I'm playing with GOF (I believe the latest).

Now the questions:
1. Why can I not parry or feint? Whenever I press the appropriate keys (shift left and middle click) I get these side strikes that honestly seem a little useless. Is this because of GOF? I think it was working normally before I installed the mod.

2. Do ships on the world map not interact with each other at all? Pirate ships seem to only come after me and run away from everyone else. What I'm asking I guess is: just an impression I have, or really how it works?

3. How does one get about 'sneaking'? I have this quest to get the plans from a shipwright and my first instinct would be to break into the place at night and take the plans. Is this doable? Or have I been playing too much Risen 2 :)

4. Can someone give me an explanation of skills, notable seafaring ones? The description says that the skill becomes 'available' when the appropriate officer has it. So does that mean it is entirely useless for my captain to get it, or do we both need it or what?

Thanks for the help. I was a big fan of Pirates of the Caribbean back in the day, happy to have found a new game like it/in the same series.

2. You should see ships on the world map both sailing arround and fighting - the ones that are sailing won't start fighting but you should see fights occuring seperately.

3. Sneaking involves trying to enter a town by flying False colours from your ship to get past the fort - or entering the town from the land side and trying to avoid the soldiers. if the soldiers see you they will attack you if their country is hostile to you or your country. It is not the same as Risen 2 :no

The description says that the skill becomes 'available' when the appropriate officer has it. So does that mean it is entirely useless for my captain to get it, or do we both need it or what?

Yes - if the skill says you need an appropriate officer to have it - then you must have that officer with that skill before you use that skill yourself.

:doff

Welcome Aboard Munchkin9. Hey on stealing of plans.... When you are a noob the best thing is to sneak into the back room and wait until after 2200 hrs. Then go steal the plans. No one will be there to stop you. When you are at a higher level and have good fighters, steal them from the shipwright, sheath your sword and run out the door. Avoid the guards and run to your ship. This way your fighters get the experience of fighting tough guys.

MK

wow! im having fun in battles boarded a schooner from a sloop and captured it had only 3 crew but was near port and used tab index goto and saved ship.
2-D map stinks i use up food and if im near martinique and map has me near bermuda i lose all that travel distance /time/food/rum.
wher are the ports icircle islands that shown on 2-D map to have city and its not there

simple way of dealing with the "shipyard blueprints"
1.sail to the nearest shore near objective town
2. go thru the jungle to the outskirts of town, (i use my officers thru the jungle in case of bandits/soldier patorls) then once there i remove them before i enter the town @ the gate im always challenged by the guards, and it goes into combat mode, i then resheath my sword, and just make a run strait for the shipyard.
3. when i walk up to the desk to take the plans the shipyard worker will challenge me, and again it goes to combat mode, i put my sword away and run for the door, then strait back to the jungle gate, i dont fight anyone. and basically its back to the ship after that, then port of mission.

Back