• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

General Governor Quest's Problem

John_Silva

Landlubber
Hi everybody, i'm John, i'm from Portugal and a HUGE fan of pirate games... and i must apologize if i'm not writing correct english, i'm little bit "rust"...:p

Now i'm on vacacions, i've decided to return to the Caribbean and continue my job (on CoAS, of course) xD xD, it has been more than a year since the last time i've played AOP 2, and naturally, i don't remember all the missions i've done so far, though i cosulted the Log Book...

So... my problem is precisely the General Governor Missions, don't know why but i just can do it... My relations with Englad and France are Admiration, my reputation is Hero and i have a French Privateer License, but when i go to Tortuga talk with the French General Governor, he says:

"I hear tales that you have been moonlighting with Englad. Wherever your leaks are, i suggest you plug them before i entrust you with any of my secrets"

To me that's weird, having in acount i've got all these good relations with the French Nation... but then, after read a few thread's in the Internet i thought that i could have missions to do with other Nations or particular characters, so... i made my way to Port Royal and talked with the English General Governor, but once again, i didn't had any luck, as he said to me:

"I don't know you at all mister. Leave my office, i deal only with men in service of His Magesty Karl II Stuart!
My answer was: "... when i have a license from Enlgland i will return"

And once again... WEIRDO!!!! Specially because i've done that mission of an assault to the dutch colony Fort Orange which made me hostile to the Dutch's :mad:
But then i thought again... what about Henry Morgan? Since i was in Port Royal i took the liberty to see if i had anything to do with him... Wrong!!

Morgan: "... first you were to finish your business with the authorities and then to come to me, only..."

In a moment of dispair, so to speak, i've travelled to the Pirate Settlement in Bermudes to see Jackman, but nothing!
I had hope if you could tell me what's wrong, i would like to finish this National quest's, specially the french ones, to take the Soleil Royal...:p
And by the way, i don't have any download of GoF in this game, it's still as i bought it, 5 years ago... so, if anyone could tell me were can i download it, i would apreciate it...:rolleyes:

And i must apologize once again for my english, i've written the best i could...

Best regards from Portugal...

Hi everybody, i'm John, i'm from Portugal and a HUGE fan of pirate games... and i must apologize if i'm not writing correct english, i'm little bit "rust"...:p

Now i'm on vacacions, i've decided to return to the Caribbean and continue my job (on CoAS, of course) xD xD, it has been more than a year since the last time i've played AOP 2, and naturally, i don't remember all the missions i've done so far, though i cosulted the Log Book...

So... my problem is precisely the General Governor Missions, don't know why but i just can do it... My relations with Englad and France are Admiration, my reputation is Hero and i have a French Privateer License, but when i go to Tortuga talk with the French General Governor, he says:

"I hear tales that you have been moonlighting with Englad. Wherever your leaks are, i suggest you plug them before i entrust you with any of my secrets"

To me that's weird, having in acount i've got all these good relations with the French Nation... but then, after read a few thread's in the Internet i thought that i could have missions to do with other Nations or particular characters, so... i made my way to Port Royal and talked with the English General Governor, but once again, i didn't had any luck, as he said to me:

"I don't know you at all mister. Leave my office, i deal only with men in service of His Magesty Karl II Stuart!

And once again... WEIRDO!!!! Specially because i've done that mission of an assault to the dutch colony Fort Orange which made me hostile to the Dutch's :mad:
But then i thought again... what about Henry Morgan? Since i was in Port Royal i took the liberty to see if i had anything to do with him... Wrong!!

Morgan: "... first you were to finish your business with the authorities and then to come to me, only..."

In a moment of dispair, so to speak, i've travelled to the Pirate Settlement in Bermudes to see Jackman, but nothing!
I had hope if you could tell me what's wrong, i would like to finish this National quest's, specially the french ones, to take the Soleil Royal...:p
And by the way, i don't have any download of GoF in this game, it's still as i bought it, 5 years ago... so, if anyone could tell me were can i download it, i would apreciate it...:rolleyes:

And i must apologize once again for my english, i've written the best i could...

What do you mean by the 'mission of an assault to the dutch colony Fort Orange'?

Oh!!! I understand you now!

The reason why France doesn't want to deal with you is because you already started on the British Nation Quest-Line.

And since you changed your Privateer's Patent(from England to France), you are no longer working for Britain, and that's why Thomas Modyford doesn't want to deal with you too!

Also, you must finish your current Nation Quest-Line before you start on the Pirate Quest-Line. Go get yourself a British Privateer's Patent again(from Diplomat or whatever), and continue with your English Nation Quest-Line.

Hope this helps.

Damsie64

Back