• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

GAME?!

antonskonto

Landlubber
Hello, i have problems with my game :/, i CAN install it but when i start it i got crash... you know when you start the game then there is a loading thing thats spinning? mine is there but then the sound comming then it is like i get BLACK SCREEN. then i need to click om CTRL+ALT+DELETE to exit it .. and thats when i have the normaly game. none build mods or anything!!

Hope you could help me =)

lol forgot to say my specs XD

Intel(R )Pentium(R )4 CPU 3.20 GHz
3.21 GHz, 3GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT!

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 179 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 131089968 ticks.

Here's some pointers that may help:

Installation and Gameplay Tips:
- If you have a memory.mp file in your main game folder, remove it to improve game performance.
- If you have Windows Vista, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead
- Check out the controls in buildinfo\Default Key Assignments.txt

The following are required for the Build 14 Alpha and are recommended for Build 13:
- INSTALL BUILD 13 FINAL
- Only start a new game if you have just started the game. If you were playing another game before, close the game first before starting a new game.
- Don't change any options while you have a game loaded.
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!

The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- Sometimes if you have Nero Burning ROM installed (get a "debugger" error message)
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

Here's some pointers that may help:

Installation and Gameplay Tips:
- If you have a memory.mp file in your main game folder, remove it to improve game performance.
- If you have Windows Vista, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead
- Check out the controls in buildinfo\Default Key Assignments.txt

The following are required for the Build 14 Alpha and are recommended for Build 13:
- INSTALL BUILD 13 FINAL
- Only start a new game if you have just started the game. If you were playing another game before, close the game first before starting a new game.
- Don't change any options while you have a game loaded.
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!

The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- Sometimes if you have Nero Burning ROM installed (get a "debugger" error message)
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

if i have XP Then?

Try Swiftshader Software Rendering OR/AND the latest build that has the Nero Burning Rom fix included ;)

So if I understand correctly, you can't even run the original game?
But none of the reasons I mentioned apply to you?
Try enabling error logging and see what you get in compile.log, system.log and possible error.log.

the error.logg does not work :/

and this i smy compile

Init encounters complete.
Init weathers complete. 10 weathers found.
Init character names complete.
Main_LogoVideo() 0
PauseAllSounds
ResetSoundScheme

Yup :/.. Please help me to fix this. But i'am really angry, cuz the game work on my Grandmas computer and she got a laptop..... why? .. and she does not got a good computer .. and it lagged alot, but t still work on her's computer...

If it isn't any of the things I already mentioned, then I haven't got a clue what's wrong.
Don't even know if it's a hardware or software problem. :(

one more question:

did you check if everything was gone we you uninstalled everything?( by checking the bethesba softworks file)

dunno if its like this for PotC, but when i installed a few mods for Black & White 2, uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it without installing any mods, the mods that i installed before were still working and at some point crashing my game.

If you uninstall with the game's uninstaller, there's indeed a good chance lots of files would remain.
Those remaining files shouldn't cause trouble upon reinstalling, but it's better to remove them.

Back