• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Game suddenly keeps crashing

Lonious

Master Mariner
Ok, so I've been playing the latest version of NH these days pretty much properly with the Intel fix/DGVoodoo add-on. This time however, after I created a new Freeplay character (rogue) and saved the game once, when I re-loaded the save (because when I went to the church for some reason the priest did not appear), the game suddenly crashed to desktop.

After that, when I opened the POTC .exe again, it crashed before reaching the intro video. I thought of deleting the new character from the SAVE folder, which I did, and for some reason it successfully loaded to the menu. When I was again making a new Freeplay character, the game kept crashing whenever I entered a name for him, or whenever I was selecting a model by entering the name of the model.

What is going on? I didn't really make any major changes to the game or anything. I then deleted all the Freeplay Saves from the folder, then now it keeps crashing again before reaching the intro video. Then I restored them, and it loaded, then it crashed when I loaded that latest Freeplay savegame, and crashes again whenever I put a model name.

I'm really curious as to the problem here.

Maybe deleting the options file would help?
From time to time it gets corrupted and that leads to strange behavior.

Could you please upload the error and compile files?
Perhaps there will be some hint in there if this doesn't fix it.

Back