• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Game crash

Black "Sam" Bellamy

TheForgotten
QA Tester
Provisional
I finally got the game to work and this is what happened.

Attachments

• error.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Here.png
    Here.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
In "error.log":
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
Can you upload file "PROGRAM\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c"?

Also, please upload "compile.log" after you have started your game as Black Caesar.

In "error.log":
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
Can you upload file "PROGRAM\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c"?

Also, please upload "compile.log" after you have started your game as Black Caesar.
Otherwise it works, Boelen said I shouldn't extract the build files but that was the only way to get the files, the installer wouldn't work for me as it gave me an error.

Otherwise it works, Boelen said I shouldn't extract the build files but that was the only way to get the files, the installer wouldn't work for me as it gave me an error.
You should not extract the build files. Expect more trouble.

What error did you get when you used the installer? That is the problem which needs to be fixed - the installer should work!

You should not extract the build files. Expect more trouble.

What error did you get when you used the installer? That is the problem which needs to be fixed - the installer should work!

Th error would be
main files archive not present

But its now fixed.
It was because the installer said build14_beta4_final(1).tar. So i removed the (1) from the file name and now it works

game crashes after capturing a ship or conversation

Attachments

• error.log
    364 bytes · Views: 47
Which version of the game are you playing, and in what language? There is nothing in that "error.log" which would account for a crash during a boarding or a conversation, but there is a problem with fetch quests.

Try deleting the file "options", which you should find at the top level of the game installation folder. If you changed any settings such as key assignments, you will need to change them again. The file sometimes becomes corrupted, resulting in various odd things and crashes.

Which version of the game are you playing, and in what language? There is nothing in that "error.log" which would account for a crash during a boarding or a conversation, but there is a problem with fetch quests.

Try deleting the file "options", which you should find at the top level of the game installation folder. If you changed any settings such as key assignments, you will need to change them again. The file sometimes becomes corrupted, resulting in various odd things and crashes.
i changed 2 parameters hit and block
russian lang

Last edited:
1648245901_7-kartinkof-club-p-ostrov-sokrovishch-mem-7.jpg

I installed an alternative version of the game and I get the same crash

Attachments

• error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reinstall the base game without the mods. Can you capture a ship or have a conversation in that?

1648245901_7-kartinkof-club-p-ostrov-sokrovishch-mem-7.jpg

I installed an alternative version of the game and I get the same crash
At the moment, the Russian game is installed like this..
Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons
First you download the original game: for example Repack from Miststuck Pirates of the Caribbean / Корсары 2 (II): Пираты Карибского Моря [P] [RUS / RUS] (2003) (1.03) [Mod] :: RuTracker.org
Then download the archive and installer:
Archive :
Build 14 FINAL Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
Installer :
Build 14 FINAL Part 1: Installation Wizard file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
The installer will unpack the top archive for you into the folder you need.
Then you download the latest fixes on the first page, the line will look something like this:
Post 1st January Update (Updated 6th April 2023): (link)
https://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...il-2023.33573/
These fixes need to be thrown with a replacement in the game folder!
Further, if you want to get the current Russian translation at the time of downloading, you need to download the files from the link:
Корсары 2 Новые горизонты (перевод AkrimalS)
(You can download the folders separately so as not to download the Yandex Disk program)
These files are also thrown off with a replacement in the game folder, on top of past fixes!

Actual fixes after the patch (Not all, because I don't collect files with code): Фиксы после патча

After you have entered the game, click on Options - Interface Settings - Languages and select the language and layout (Russian)

If you have any problems with the translation, please write to the developers website:

I try that vanila version and write if there are bugs

in most cases after lvl 20-30
when capturing a merchant ship and appointing an officer, the game crashed randomly

I try that vanila version and write if there are bugs

in most cases after lvl 20-30
when capturing a merchant ship and appointing an officer, the game crashed randomly
Plots with a good translation (which I played and ruled) : Hornblower, Jack Sparrow, Bartholomew. Also half with a good translation of the plot: The Gold Bug, Assassin. Everything else is in Russian, but it may not be pleasing to the eye.

You can also try putting your save in \SAVE and running it. If you played on the old version from January 2022, then in PROGRAM\globals.c you can change the line :
#define IS_SGV 14.943 to 14.999 and the save should work.

RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\itemsbox.c; line: 3548
missed attribute: itemid
no rAP data

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 61
no rAP data
Are you sure you're installing the game correctly? I didn't have that...
Build 14 FINAL Part 2: Contents Archive file - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean
This archive does not need to be unpacked manually into the game folder. This should be done by the installer, it will unpack itself, you just need to specify the folder with the game. After that, you do not need to unpack this archive again.

You also have some strange water and sky, as if they have no textures.

no rAP data
Have you changed the setting for ammunition and powder after starting the game? Or the setting for weapons qualities? These should be set the way you want them before you start a new game. Gunpowder and pistol bullets are only defined if the setting for ammunition and powder is on; if you change it in the middle of a game, it may look for powder and bullets which do not exist. Likewise, different weapon qualities are only defined if the setting is on; if you change it in the middle of a game, it may look for a fine pistol or a worn pistol, which do not exist.

Back