• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Game Bugs

Gildon

Landlubber
I didn't really know where to put this because the GoF bugs forum won't work for me, says its the wrong page. Iv'e encountered three problems in the game that I think are bugs. First, at some points, the game will not allow me to board a ship and it will never board me. For example, after successful boarding and taking over a lineship, I set my sights on a bigger ship just a bit away. After getting right up to it and everything, I could not board it. I read on another thread that this might have something to do with speaking to other ships or using the surrender command in that speaking menu but I don't recall using the speak command during this battle. The second bug happens randomly when I am firing my cannons. All will be going well but then the cannons will just stop firing. The first few cannons will fire but then the broadside will stop and they will start reloading again. I have full powder and ammo and I tried different ammo types with no success. I eventually just had to reload my latest save and forget about taking over the fort. It's also happened when I've battled ships too. The final bug occurs when I'm on a ship that I have boarded. After killing all the men on deck, the little lock thing appears telling me to enter the cabin to kill the captain. If I wait and go loot the bodies first, then that lock goes away forever. Same thing happens if I don't look the soldiers on deck, kill the captain and try to loot him. The option to bring up the captured ship interface thing won't ever appear. These bugs have just been bothering me and I'm wondering if anybody else has had similar problems.

Ok, now i'm having major trouble with these glitches. The glitch where only some of the cannons fire and then they reload and the glitch where I can't board ships is constant now. I've restarted the game, tried different saves and in every one, I can't do any sort of fight what so ever. And the glitch where I can't enter a boarded ship after i've killed the captain also is still here. I concluded though that I don't have to actually loot something, I just have to be close enough to it for the loot option to appear and then the option to enter the ship goes away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've been reading up on the forums and it seems lots of other people have had the boarding problem since GoF 1.2 I think. I still haven't found anything mentioning my cannon problem however.

I have a vague memory of someone having a cannon firing problem some months ago. I never encountered that problem. What ship is this happening to?

It's a line frigate. Sometimes all the cannons fire just fine and then other times only a few or just one cannon will fire and it wil then reload. I've tried other ships though, they have problems firing as well. Iv'e also reinstalled the game and it's still broken.

If you've got a good gunner and good skills yourself and are not in a ship above your skill level, the cannon bug usually doesn't get you. However even with good skills occasionally it will. I have not figured it out. There is no rhyme or reason to it but fortunately it doesn't last long at all.

I myself make it work regardless. - If you can't auto fire using the space bar in 3rd person tactical view, usually they will fire when you go to first person on deck view. If they don't work on deck, then they usually do work in outside-ship tactical battle view.

So frankly it's not a "game breaking" bug. What level are you? I have sometimes suspected that it could be a bug related with a certain level, but have never tried to validate that theory.

MK

I think I'm like level 15. My cannon skills are around 60 and I don't have a gunner because my cannon skills are always higher than any one I find. The the bug happens, I can't fire in 3rd person or 1st person view. What is the outside ship tactical battle view? So this bug is known however, right?

Back