• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Gaining no Experience when fighting Clint Eastwood or Blackbeard

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
You dont earn any skills fighting Estwood anymore ?

Another question about skills: Mr Gibbs has no skills when hiring him at Tortuga?

Mr. Gibbs was always set up to be close to the player in level.
You have any idea what is going on, @Levis?

About Eastwood, not sure about that. You should gain experience from fighting anyone as far as I'm aware.

About Eastwood, not sure about that.
I use to gain a lot of experience fighting Easwood, thats why Im doing it! Not for the pumpgun!
Now you gain absolute nothing.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Nevis. Entrance to strange house September 16th, 1787.zip
    794.5 KB · Views: 84
Nothing or not as much as you used to?
I recall @Levis added a check to prevent you from gaining too much XP in one go.
This triggered before when the difference between player and NPC was large, but doesn't anymore.
Might that be affecting you here?

I have been taking my officers there as soon as possible so they get the max bump from fighting him. The gun is just for some extra cash. I only have one officer now so need to get 2 more before going there.

The same is going on when you fight " Blackbeard" you earn nothing!

And that affects ONLY Clint and Blackbeard? If I recall, Blackbeard does have his stats copied from Mr. Eastwood.
Hopefully @Levis can shed some light on why that might make a difference. :confused:

@Levis. Earning experience is back for Eastwood again.:D
PS. That is a lot of information's noted down in the compile now.

Attachments

• compile.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Yes I've added a lot of info there so I can work on it.
I might add and debug toggle there too so the times aren't shown when the debug toggle is off.
Good to hear that eastwood is working again too :).

I think the problem is back again, no experience earned fighting Eastwood and Blackbeard.

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.4 KB · Views: 97
  • -=Player=- Open Sea July 23rd, 1632.zip
    777.7 KB · Views: 91
I think the problem is back again, no experience earned fighting Eastwood and Blackbeard.
I've got to admit I am not entirely surprised.
If I recall, Levis moved some code around for the purpose of solving this.

But the way he did that went completely against the syntax of the game code;
it ended up using variables BEFORE they were defined, which shouldn't work.

When I actually noticed that many, many months later I mentioned it to him, hoping he could fix it properly.
That never happened, so I reset it back the way it was before his changes to it so that at least the code would be not broken again.

I'll reopen this issue.

Just to be certain, could you set DEBUG_EXPERIENCE to 2 at the top of PROGRAM\Characters\Leveling.c, then play through the fight and post compile.log here?

There actually IS a lot of XP stuff going on:
Code:
XP LOG: Max blade xp reached between Michiel de Ruyter and Blackbeard
XP LOG: Called AddXP for Michiel de Ruyter with skill:  and xp: 100 and group: officers
XP LOG: Loop -1, Checking Officer Michiel de Ruyter with id Blaze
XP LOG: skillmult = 0.5
XP LOG: Called AddXP for Michiel de Ruyter with skill:  and xp: 50 and group: player
XP LOG: Called AddXPtoChar for Michiel de Ruyter with skill:  and xp: 20 CurXP: 95998
I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't actually mention what skill you get the XP on.

Are you playing with Auto Skill System ON or OFF?

Im playing with Auto skill OFF.
That explains why the "fencing" text isn't mentioned.

I can see some of my officers got some skills added , but not me, I got nothing.
That's odd; according to those logs, you ARE getting all sorts of XP:

upload_2016-4-9_18-42-54.png

Only in small bits though. 20 doesn't sound like much compared to almost 10000.

Back