• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde from PotBS - ported by pgargon

Hi guys,

you probably already know this all the ship plans I have used for modeling are measured using either length on gun deck or length between perpendiculars (both are the same measurement). If you have a close look at the Neptunus plan you will see vertical dotted lines that touch the forward edge of the stem (forward perpendicular) and the aft edge of the stern post (aft perpendicular). For scaling to the game world an object to scale everything to would be the best bet, for example a character model or a door that you know the dimensions of and in the model file to be scaled create a box to that height then use that box to scale to the world object. This example may describe what I mean better:

The Neptunus and Indiaman are scaled to 1 inch is an inch (decimal inches) and the perpendiculars are used to get the plan size accurate. For scaling in the game world I would create a box to the height of a man (say 5ft 10inches) and scaled the entire model using the box to match a game world character then delete said box after scaling is finished.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/jamesjn/NeptunusPlan.png

Hope this helps,

Regards,

all the ship plans I have used for modeling are measured using either length on gun deck or length between perpendiculars (both are the same measurement).
Are you sure they're exactly the same? The definition of the perpendiculars doesn't have anything to do with gundecks.
It probably doesn't make much of a difference, but just for the sake of it, I'll post this:
Ship_size_%28side_view%29.PNG

You are quick Pieter :)

Check this out it may explain better: http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=82920&sid=e64f8d49c972f077249a9dcd819a4bb8#82920

This Chapelle Draught of the Vixen shows the difference as 6inches :)

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/jamesjn/Plans/Vixen01.jpg

Regards,

I figured the difference wouldn't be much. I just couldn't resist saying something about it, since at least the modern equivalent of the terms is part of my job. :wp

I done a rescale of the Neptunus using a character model as the scale to reference, upon import the character model was less than 2 inches tall :) so the ship was a giant compared to the character which seems to be around 1:36 scale for a six foot tall character (12 x 6 divided 36). I scaled the ship down to match the scale of the imported character and got good results. I think its probably best to be slightly too big than too small when scaling the models up or down.

How is the Friedrich Wilhelm conversion going? If you are having trouble scaling I will ask LiM what scale he modeled the ship in if it will help?

Regards,

Hi,

Well.........this model is up & running again...........not far off asking for a bbit of help with the walk patch, locator & scale check, but as fa asr the rest goes she's coming on fine.
No promises for a release date yet but you wont die of old age waiting for it.

Cheers
damski.

Hi,

Well.........this model is up & running again...........not far off asking for a bbit of help with the walk patch, locator & scale check, but as for the rest goes she's coming on fine.

Cheers
damski.

Thanks Damski,

Just got back from a long trip. I still will make good on our agreement.

MK

Hi,

Well.........this model is up & running again...........not far off asking for a bbit of help with the walk patch, locator & scale check, but as for the rest goes she's coming on fine.

Cheers
damski.

Thanks Damski,

Just got back from a long trip. I still will make good on our agreement.

MK

No problem, cheers MK.

Hi,

Damski lives in Bulgaria.......the internet here ism't tthat reliable, neither is the electric supply out in the sticks
Besides that I am a bit sidetracked with divorce preceedings at the moment.....& to add injury to insult I am havibg a problem to even use the mouse as my hand has gone numb through constant mouse opperation.

So, I hope to get back on track ASAP & carry on with all my projects.

Cheers,
damski.

Ok I have now continuing the work on the Friedrich Wilhelm. Infos coming soon. ;)

New update. ;)

[attachment=7384:FWzP001.jpg][attachment=7385:FWzP002.jpg]

Fantastic Mate!!! :will

I will do a little safety dance and jump up and down in joy and glee if this ship ever gets done!

Thank you so much for finishing her Pgargon. :bow

MK

Back