• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Frequent Crashes when Boarding

Deathstar

Scurvy Dog
Hiya, I noticed that my game tends to crash mostly during boarding. Right now I am trying to do a governor-mission but at some point I always seem to crash. Had the same issue with the "Oiseau"-quest, but kept trying until eventually it worked out. No idea how to combat this.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel Core i7-2600k @3.4GHz with an Nvidia GTX770. I noticed the system.log file ends with a bunch of textures that failed to be loaded, so maybe that's the cause? You can find it attached to this post.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

e.: Tried it again and had a look at the system.log - Ends with a bunch of non-loaded textures and "bad rope data".

Attachments

• system.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 84
  • compile.log
    25.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
:ahoy

The bad ropes and missing textures can be ignored. The ropes are related to ship rigging and no one has found where that texture call is coming from.

The system.log has some calls for things that are not in the game. What Build are you playing?

:ahoy

The bad ropes and missing textures can be ignored. The ropes are related to ship rigging and no one has found where that texture call is coming from.

The system.log has some calls for things that are not in the game. What Build are you playing?

Ah, okay.
I'm playing the latest build (I think). Here's the info:
"Build Version: Friday 6 December 2013
Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full"

Uh oh, so am I and I do not have problems during boardings. That is the latest version.

Ok........Do you defrag often? This game has a memory leak that can frag a hd.

Do you have Nero or Ffdshow installed? They can mess with POTC.

Uh oh, so am I and I do not have problems during boardings. That is the latest version.

Ok........Do you defrag often? This game has a memory leak that can frag a hd.

Do you have Nero or Ffdshow installed? They can mess with POTC.

I defragmented my harddrive only recently. I just uninstalled ffdshow, I wasn't aware that would cause issues. Will test it tomorrow and post an update. Thank you and good night :cheers

Uninstalling ffdshow might have done the trick - I crash a lot less frequent now! Plus, almost every boarding I've done went smoothly.

I did run into another problem just now, however. In the Hawk-storyline, as part of the mainquest, you're supposed to sneak into the governor's mansion on Port Royale. Danielle accompanies you there and meets you on a beach near the city. This so far is fine, but she only walks up to me, says she "nearly escaped those fanatics" and that's it. She doesn't become my companion and I'm pretty sure I remember you're teleported into the governor's studies right after that encounter. I can't speak to her after she said that and she just stands there. I went into the city by myself but the quest won't continue, the governor just stands in the lobby as usual and won't talk about it.

Btw I've tried landing on the beach several times, always the same outcome.

Ah. By any chance are you also doing the "Save the children" quest with the Satanists? When running them in parallel the two quests can become entangled. Do the Satanist quest for a while and things should get back to normal.

Hello may I give you a little hint how to awoid problems in general A program called Glarysoft Registry Repair is a little program I always use, and I do believe using this, Nero and ffdshow, will be no problem.

Ah. By any chance are you also doing the "Save the children" quest with the Satanists? When running them in parallel the two quests can become entangled. Do the Satanist quest for a while and things should get back to normal.

I do! Thanks a bunch, I'll do the satanist-quest first.

Hello may I give you a little hint how to awoid problems in general A program called Glarysoft Registry Repair is a little program I always use, and I do believe using this, Nero and ffdshow, will be no problem.

I'm using Tune-Up to keep my registry clean.

Back