• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

French pirate in the tavern

conor

Landlubber
Disclaimers: Playing on the latest release, beta 14, prior to the standalone version, which I will be installing when I have time.
I do not have access to my files atm.
I have looked through the save file for the area and the quest files and I can't find nor understand the encoding fully and I lm not sure how to or if console command may work.

I'm having issues with this quest. It's kind of bugged for me.
I no longer have an earlier save before it and I'm quite far ahead of it since the bug. But if it can be fixed easily then I can finally complete it.

Picked up the French pirate quest. Reached bridge town land ho...Got attacked by soldiers, then moved to the next part. As far as I know I killed the solders leaving. And was spoken to. All she says now is so?. I have already made it to the point before where the boat gets moved to "oxbay bay" in code and killed the solders but the game froze so I reloaded to after I'd spoken to her. But the ship isn't moving anymore. I've tried going to every part of the jungle but she dosent follow. I've tried moving the ship myself but she doesn't appear. So neither do the solders.

The quest says, something like, we found the convoy, now to move the gold or something and before talks about finding the convoy being a good idea so I know the ship should be at the bay by now.

I think I've tried parking the ship at the back exiting to the jungle and reenter but I can't remember. And I've tried everything else.

Before the save bugged, she was moving with me, at the ports and even outside sprigstown, but when I loaded those save after crash, she didn't appear anywhere but at sea.

And loading anywhere or doing anything Disney seam to work. Had the convoy left on ships? Did the soldiers respawn and leave the area or should I try landing at the bay and trekking the jungle for a glimmer of hope.

It's been bugged for half a day so I've moved on but I'd like to find a way to complete the quest so I can get some money, or something, because to trade her ship and goods I have to transfer at sea and is long and award to do especially in battles or forts.

And Info or hot fix would be appricated., but if not I will just install the standalone build 15 I think and restart.

I have already made it to the point before where the boat gets moved to "oxbay bay" in code and killed the solders but the game froze...
No, it pauses for a total of 9 seconds, which can seem a long time when playing. You should have waited.

...so I reloaded to after I'd spoken to her.
What was the last thing she said to you, and what did you say in return? If you got to the beach then she should have said "We're in the right place and our ships are here. All we have to do is load the gold. It'll take a while so we'll have to wait." Your reply would be "Quiet. I hear voices. Sounds like we're about to have company!" And then, after about 5 seconds, some soldiers appear and you fight them.

After the fight, there is a delay of 4 seconds, after which you don't see anything happen but the path back to the jungle is unlocked. Then there is another delay of 5 seconds. Therefore, as far as you're concerned, there's a total delay of 9 seconds.

Then there is a further questbook update and you have a talk with Claire Larrouse where you decide whether to stick to the agreement of splitting the gold in half, or to demand more for yourself. You do not seem to have got to this part.

Try this version of "PROGRAM\console.c". Go to the same jungle area where you attacked the second group of soldiers - not the mine, not the shore, but the jungle in between. Press F12 to activate the console. If I haven't made a mistake, you should see a message on screen "Executed Console". If you haven't made a mistake and are in the right place, wait! Claire should appear but may take some time to get to you. After that, head to the beach, where your ship should be waiting, Claire should talk to you again, and you fight the soldiers again. And this time, wait!

Attachments

• console.c
    35.9 KB · Views: 40
All she says now is so?
This "problem" which isn't really a problem, has been around since the stock game. A part of the conversation you have with Larrouse at the mine is skipped and is instead spoken if you talk to him/her (originally, Clair Larrouse was a man) while chasing the convoy through Bridgetown/Greenford into the jungle. It should go like something this:

PC: You didn't tell me it was English gold.
CR: So?
PC: Forget it.
CR: No, I don't want any trouble with the English either, but nobody is ever going to find out...

As I said, the middle part is simply skipped, but when you talk to Larrouse elsewhere, you'll get "So?" - "Forget it". Also the first line I roughly quoted made more sense in the stock game with Nathaniel Hawk. In the mod, you could of course be an enemy of England and not be worried at all about stealing English gold.

the console file was a success. although Clair didn't appear until I entered the next area and the old male Clair appears in a sitting position at the entrance when the command was used., she followed me after that. i moved the ship manually myself to gray rock as it wasnt there when walking direct, but it reinitiate the quest line dialog about hearing voices. the solders came and i was able to complete the quest as it should be.
as i said before about the freeze, i missed the point that its a crash to desktop. it will freeze every so often and after about 20 seconds will fully crash, which is fine, i haven't actually lost much progress until it crashed during the solder part and killed the quest back then. thanks for the effort, can wait to complete it once and for all!

as i said before about the freeze, i missed the point that its a crash to desktop. it will freeze every so often and after about 20 seconds will fully crash...
Save often and don't overwrite a save until you're sure it will not be needed. For example, although I don't have crashes all that often, they do occasionally happen; or a quest can take an unexpected turn; or I can mess up and get myself killed; or various other reasons why I might need to go back a bit. So I always save when I'm in port or on a beach, just about to sail away to somewhere else. Then I do not overwrite that save until I return to the same island, do whatever I came to do, and am once again ready to sail away. No matter what goes wrong, I can always reload back to the last port or beach I visited.

manual saving is a chore, use quicksave F5, it saves in new slots even when you reached maximum slots, if theres too many saves i just go to the save folder and delete a bunch.

Quicksave results in saves which aren't properly labelled. Save properly, then you can go back through your savegames and see when and where they were saved. Saving manually also adds a quicksave, though it will be overwritten next time you save manually, but it does mean you can reload your most recent saved position using F6.

Back