• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Freebooter" on Kickstarter!

Zothen

Powder Monkey
Hey Gentlepirates,
Just found this funny little pirate game on Kickstarter!
Freebooter is a single player open world game set in a fantasy pirate world. Like barnacles on the hull of a ship, the world of Freebooter is dotted with islands. The only way to travel is by ship, all trade is done in harbors and wars are fought as much for the sea as for the land.
Kickstarter Page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1414498525/freebooter-an-open-world-seafaring-game
Trailer:

Attachments

• depthfog_off_on-1024x435.png
    depthfog_off_on-1024x435.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 17
Uh-oh, Minecraft graphics. :facepalm

True... but I can't stand blocky graphics. :shrug

OK, I can't stand modern games using blocky graphics in 3D.

Why do people cancel stuff when they've got so much done already?
And why do people keep starting on different projects all the time?
Better work together and get something done for REAL! :facepalm

Why do people cancel stuff when they've got so much done already?
And why do people keep starting on different projects all the time?
Better work together and get something done for REAL! :facepalm

It was a bit hard to understand - I think they were saying they wouldn't have enough done in time for the end of kickstarter? Press-gang them both for HOOCOTS :)

LOL! Indeed, let's make them do a REALLY good game! No blocky kiddie fare. :whipa

That's the original Sid Meier's Pirates. Never played it myself; looked up the screenie on the Internet.

I'd like to play it for my personal culture... You can always learn something from old concepts. I guess if it is possible to find somewhere, maybe in an abandonware forum. :treasure:

Heh, that is Sid Meier's Pirates all right. I used to play it on my Commodore 64 back in the 1980s. It has a ton of good ideas in it.

It has a ton of good ideas in it.
From what I gather of having seen a tiny bit of the old one and most of the 2004 one,
it's easy to see where a lot of the PotC Modders got their inspiration from. Good ideas indeed! :cheers

hehe, no Pieter: the original is the 1987 version (DOS), the one you found is the remake of 1993 (we all know the 2004 one). Hylie, did really play the "true" one in the 80's? My respects, sir ;)

I found the original one here, for those who want to try it tonight (or for the ones who want to live again in the 80's a couple of hours) you will need dosbox to play it.

huhu! :dance

Back