• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Forum Upgrade - Feedback Thread

DH27

Sailor
Staff member
Administrator
QA Tester
Public Relations
Ahoy there!

The forum has been successfully upgraded to the newest version :dance. However, as some of you might have noticed, a couple of features are still missing. We will recreate those over the next couple of days and weeks. In regards to this, this thread should serve the purpose to bring website bugs and missing features to our attention.

For the moment, the two most noticeable missing features are:

– The Wiki
– The Downloads

Reactions: fjx
The wiki has been reconstructed, however the links between the individual pages are not functional yet. Currently, the wiki can be navigated only by using the sub-tab "Pages", which brings up a list of all wiki pages.

The downloads tab has been restored and should be functional.

The links between the wiki pages have been restored and navigation throughout the wiki should be fully functional again.
Though, if anybody finds a broken link, feel free to write it in this thread or message me directly.

With this, I believe, the upgrade has been successfully completed overall.

There was one minor piece of weirdness. In the Wiki section about side quests, specifically "New Horizons Side Quest List", both entries under "Quests Specific to Player Types" were numbered 1. I've corrected that by removing a pair of surplus </ol> and <ol> tags.

The entry for "The Poker Tournament" is coloured blue, the same as all the rest, so it looks like a link to a walkthrough, the same as all the rest. However, I don't think @pedrwyth or @Jack Rackham ever wrote a full walkthrough for the quest; the entry simply exists to draw players' attention to the quest. Perhaps the entry could be coloured differently or not highlighted at all to make it clear that it's not a link to a full walkthrough?

And the lack of an entry for my "Silver for Cartagena" quest reminds me that I'll need to write the walkthrough some time...

Beyond that, the forum seems to be working fine. Thanks for all your efforts to upgrade it! :cheers

Wow, I'm impressed, DH27!
Not only do I see the classic icons again, but you even got the Wiki already back to functional again.

I was just about to ask here about a link to the backup server for that, but looks like that won't even be necessary.

At first glance, it all seems to be working; both on my regular computer, as well as my phone (both Firefox).

Brilliant work indeed!! :bow

One thing I noticed: I didn't get a 2-step verification process when logging back in.
But I'm not sure I care. In all honesty, that feature had been starting to annoy me.
Waiting for the verification mail on my phone would tend to take FOREVER!!
(Issue with the phone itself; nothing to do with the website.)

Back