• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Forced Retirement??????

Mckinnon

Landlubber
OK, here's the scoop. I've been playing a pirate for a decent amount of time here, trying to be relatively stingy with dividing the plunder so as not to advance time very much and I feel like i've been a pretty successful pirate. My guy hasn't passed too much time, there are about 2 pirates left in the top 10 that I haven't conquered, etc.

Basically I thought things were fine but when I go to any town to divide the plunder I am FORCED to retire.

I thought according to the manual that it was completely optional whether or not you wanted to retire, but that your skills would likely degrade, have a harder time recruiting crew, etc.

I'm not given any option whether or not to retire! It just happens regardless as soon as I divide.

I could live with this if it weren't for the fact that my crew is unhappy. I've had them for a long time and at this point no amount of money will satisfy them. (I have over 130,000 gold)

Is this supposed to be this way or have I hit a bug or something? Anyone else run into this???

Thanks

Yup, I had the same happen to my first game,

I picked up a new game now and seeing if it's gonna happen again or if it was only a tutorial/time feature thing. How old were you when it happened btw?

When you pirate gets to a certain age, his health is so poor that he has no choice but to retire. So there's two things you can do:

1) Don't get old - or age as little as possible, which means picking medicine as a skill, getting as many items which slow your aging, and apparently not getting stabbed during duelling.

2) Don't split the plunder - which means keeping your crew happy, all the time. Not an easy task by any means.

Or if you really love your pirate and want to keep playing when he's way old, then look here - <a href="http://www.addictedtopirates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=979" target="_blank">http://www.addictedtopirates.com/forum/vie...topic.php?t=979</a>

Back