• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fonar locators

Short Jack Gold

Very ancient mariner
Storm Modeller
Gentlemen,
I tread here on tippy toes - knowing nothing about which I speak. :shrug
But I am in need of some clarification, please.

What are fonar locations? (an example below from the "Santiago_ship")

//Day
Locations[n].models.day.charactersPatch = "deckMedium_p";
Locations[n].models.day.fonar = "deckMedium_fd";
//Night
Locations[n].models.night.charactersPatch = "deckMedium_p";
Locations[n].models.night.fonar = "deckMedium_fn";

I am trying to make a deck with no crew present, i.e. an empty ship.
so I am trying to find a method of removing them or their not being loaded in the first place.

Any thoughts?
TIA (Thanks in Advance)

I think just removing the lines. with fonar. Fonar are the lamps. So if you don't want to have the lamps lighten at night you should turn the night.fonar = "DeckMedium_fn" into "DeckMedium_fd".

I think just removing the lines. with fonar. Fonar are the lamps. So if you don't want to have the lamps lighten at night you should turn the night.fonar = "DeckMedium_fn" into "DeckMedium_fd".
O.K. they are lamps - got that thanks - So, if I want to put an item at a location on a deck (for instance say I wanted a fire, which is "heater" I believe, to be at "goto", "goto4")
Can that be done?

well yes, but I think you need to copy said locator and rename it into heater, heater4 (depends on how much fire you want to have it) You can also apply fire through code. Bartolomeu did it in his quest this way.

As seen here

Perhaps it is better if you tried it that way.

You need his fireball.zip, and you can enable fire with this piece of code;
Code:
   WriteLocatorGlobal("Oranjestad_town", "fire", "fire1", "", -1, 6.7788, 0.78361, -0.50264, false);		
Locations[FindLocation("Oranjestad_town")].models.night.lights.fire = "heater";
Locations[FindLocation("Oranjestad_town")].locators_radius.fire = 4.0;
CreateParticleSystemX("fireball", 6.7788, 0.78361, -0.50264, -1.57, 0.0, 0.0,0);

The fireball code is already included in the recent Build 14 Alpha versions.
I pointed SJG to that earlier; it should be useful for putting things on fire. :yes

As for removing unwanted random characters from the location, you can just add a vcskip flag.
If that doesn't work, try pchar.vcskip instead.
Remember to remove it again afterwards if it's a general ship location and not a quest deck.

The fireball code is already included in the recent Build 14 Alpha versions.
I pointed SJG to that earlier; it should be useful for putting things on fire. :yes
Yes you did indeed - thanks. :onya
The code wasn't in my Alpha version so I have added it per your PM.
I have also added the fire4.tga.tx texture and overwritten the particle file.
I am using Bartolomeu's example code (your PM) using a new game - I have played with other locators - and they do indeed change size as expected.
BUT no fire is present.
I must be missing something - tried both day and night walkabout - still no fire.

As for removing unwanted random characters from the location, you can just add a vcskip flag.
If that doesn't work, try pchar.vcskip instead.
Remember to remove it again afterwards if it's a general ship location and not a quest deck.
I am using a quest deck - it had no crew - thanks.

fonar locators are the ones responsible for lamp light on ships and for trying both day and night it will not work since those decks are from AOP
and storm 2.0 dosn't support ambiment light

You don't need the fonar for fire anyway.
If you didn't have the fireball code in your Alpha, GET THE LATEST! :whipa ;)

The beginnings of a fire ship:
fireship3.jpg

Just a test deck to see if it worked.

That certainly does work! :woot

You will probably need to add a fire sound manually. Otherwise it'd feel a bit fake,
Also maybe add some code to add damage to the player if he walks into the flames.
You might be able to use the code used for executing a quest case when you step onto a locator:
Code:
			pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.location = "Charlestown_House_03";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "box";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.locator = "box1";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition = "lettergaga";

That certainly does work! :woot

You will probably need to add a fire sound manually. Otherwise it'd feel a bit fake,
Also maybe add some code to add damage to the player if he walks into the flames.
You might be able to use the code used for executing a quest case when you step onto a locator:
Code:
			pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.location = "Charlestown_House_03";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "box";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition.l1.locator = "box1";
pchar.quest.trouver.win_condition = "lettergaga";
Thanks - I'll look at that.
Right now I'm using the sound from "Ship_Detonate" and that seems to work pretty well.
It plays all the time the player is on the deck.

I want to experiment a bit with the size of the individual fires - I will re-visit Bartolomeu's post to see if he has anything there on it.

That looks so cool :D

I will also be doing something similar in the Misstress Ching sidequest but in a warehouse :cheeky

Back