• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Flying Dutchman and cabin from TEHO

The original "CursedDutchman" had 58 guns, of which 6 were in the bow and none in the stern, leaving 26 on each side.

The new version has 56 guns, of which 6 are in the bow and 4 in the stern, leaving 23 on each side.

Four of the original model's side guns are just swivel guns on the poop deck, so if the model's cannon layout is accurate, expect to see 24 guns on the side. Six of them are on the quarterdeck, three on each side and two of them very close together. The new version has two on each side of the quarterdeck. A minor variation of "bortoutFdag.tga" could probably add an extra gunport next to one of the existing ones, then a couple of extra cannons would need to be added, probably to "CursedDutchman_path.gm" as adding them to the main hull would probably break the model. Add a couple of swivel guns to each side of the poop deck and lose the stern guns, then the new version could have exactly the same armament as the original.

Change one old thing that does not correspond to the original in any way for another. What for?

Better than what was already there, and just having fun modding.

Once your model is ready perhaps this model can be swapped with it.
If you want so of course.

In the long run, your model is allready adapted to storm and almost nearly complete from the looks of it. its more worth it to wait for its completion then to just try and port a model from a KH Game however the KH Model still would be very helpful as reference if any of us knew how to open it.

if there is something better in that model than in this one, then I will transfer it. The Nameless Pirate and I are already discussing these points.

The lighting files don't seem to have done anything.

Screenshots from an older installation without the new files:
FDM_old1.jpg FDM_old2.jpg FDM_old3.jpg FDM_old4.jpg

Screenshots from my current installation with the new files:
FDM_new1.jpg FDM_new2.jpg FDM_new3.jpg FDM_new4.jpg

The new files are all named "TRUNK_<something>.COL", so they're not going to affect the lighting of the cabin as a whole. There is a model file named "trunk.gm" in the cabin's folder but I'm not sure that it's used in the actual cabin. It's not the pale box in the corner in the third of each set of screenshots, that's part of the main model "CabinFDM.gm".

The lighting files don't seem to have done anything.

Screenshots from an older installation without the new files:
View attachment 40135 View attachment 40136 View attachment 40137 View attachment 40138

Screenshots from my current installation with the new files:
View attachment 40131 View attachment 40132 View attachment 40133 View attachment 40134

The new files are all named "TRUNK_<something>.COL", so they're not going to affect the lighting of the cabin as a whole. There is a model file named "trunk.gm" in the cabin's folder but I'm not sure that it's used in the actual cabin. It's not the pale box in the corner in the third of each set of screenshots, that's part of the main model "CabinFDM.gm".
My bad. Try this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/833684028220506123/938012809403449424/CabinFDM.7z

The original Dutchman was PERFECT imo. Btw, has no one attempted to replicate the film version cabin, with the massive organ?

Which original one, you mean?
@ZarethPL's version that we still use for the Uncursed?
The cursed flying dutchman we currently have. It's so ghastly looking and the films never really show how massive of a ship it actually is (being, after all, based on "Vasa").
Indeed I've never seen anyone try.
I dream of the day this becomes realised...I really love how so many historical and movie ships have been incorporated by this mod perfectly. Those little details would really complete the experience.

Back