• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Flagship in port control

Glycerius

Powder Monkey
I need to leave my flagship in port control. This Morgan mission of killing Edward Low requires it, but mainly the ship at level is way ahead of my character's capabilities. I can only leave either of the two little vessels following me. Help.

A class 5 sloop will do to attack Low, Being level 12 will allow you to defeat low and not die in a second. You could sell one ship. :shrug

I'm not sure 'm understandng this pardon me for my tempoary insanity, but lets start from the top shall we?

You have two small boats following you, Am I correct?

The Boat your commanding now is Class 3 am I correct?

You want to leave one of your two vessels following you, though take note you can only usse one class 5 vessel: sloops, luggers, tartans, No schooners, brigantines, brigs etc . Am I correct?

You want to put your class 3 boat in Poart Control am I not correct?

I apologize If I'm annoying but answering these questions can help me help you.

I hope to leave my best ship in port and take the level or 6 following me to take out Edward Low, only I get no option to leave the flagship in port only my two other boats.

Thanks

Hmm thank you for explaing your situation now I believe I can help: Sell your current flagship it will be worth it- The Sea Wolf is of 24 24 pounder cannon or culverin can hold much crew- its a killing machine. Remember only class 5 vessel will do so if you have any class 6 sell it buy a class 5 sloop and put the other small one in Port Control- fight Low take The Sea Wolf go back to Control take out your little ship and build up a fleet. I hope this advice helps you.

Selling it? Argh. It is such a pretty boat and it has proven its worth. I might have to make that sacrifice to get to the end of this quest line and have my own towns and a man o war. If only I could leave it in port.

Wait you have lots of time before going to attack low why dont you keep your fleet attack more ships get more money and level up and then dock your favorite ship at port control and sell one of the small ships and fight low etc, then you'll have a 2 great ships and if you can keep the small one you attack with 3 ships. Dont worry Low wont go anywhere until; you engage him. So until then you have unlimited time to lv up and get more money.

My character probably lacks the level to manage that ship, which might be the reason why I cannot place it in Port Control. I am doing other missions for now. Killing bandits is an easy way to gain experience, or it was. I will need to meet a diplomat in Bermuda, as I have gone from privateer for England (bought the letter in Bermuda. to someone with a price on my head. I suppose the bounty hunters will also help me level up.

You don't need to sell your flagship! Go to the ship menu and click on an icon of another ship you own. Than click on swap ships and you can leave it in port control. An advice: keep your flagship at the port controller if you like it, but take it back only if you reach the navigation skill it needs to be sailed. Till then, use the Sea Wolf or an other smaller ship you can command (I suggest Blue Bird since it's a really fast ship with a good amount of guns).

Saw that, one of the buttons in the oft used swap interface. Swap a ship instead of food or powder. I now left my ship, in fact a warship, in Port Control. I now will have to board that Edward Law boat and probably lose all my crew.

Depends what rank you are, too low using the Bluebird will make all your reduce all your skills. Plus boarding is quite the challenge.

The pearls mission needs a fast boat. Anything level 2 or 1 (a few in my game despite my low character rank of about 15 - I used the debug early in my game) is a real slug, although fully crewed it fires reasonably fast, as I selected reloading upgrades.

Back